Good nudity in movies.

What are the films that use nudity for positive effect?

I am not thinking about the gratuitous nude shots that are there to titillate, but where the nude scenes enhance the plot.

The best historic film I can think of is Psycho. While not full frontal, setting the murder scene in the shower helps to heighen the vulnerability. It is not Janet Leigh, but body double Marli Renfro in the nude scenes.

What other good nude scenes are there?

This topic was edited
RE:Good nudity in movies.

Schindler's List. Kept the historical accuracy of the events.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Controversial because of the ages of Brooke Shields and Christipher Atkins at the time of filming, But I find The Blue Lagoon to be mesmerising. Beautifully shot.

This post was edited

Naked with Marlon Wayans 2017 is a wonderful romantic and tastefully done comedy about an embarrassing moment while being naked. A modern take on Groundhog Day where the groom has to find out why he's naked in an elevator on his wedding day and get it right this time around?

This post was edited

'Educating julie 'is a wonderful film.the whole plot is based on naturism,it is a good film for beginners

This post was edited

The idea of the nudity in Blue Lagoon was wonderful. Weird to watch for me, though, because Brooke Shields just wasn't going to be photographed without her makeup on, even after a decade on a desert island.

This post was edited

Starman, I think it was, with the alien born naked from a drop of blood on the snow.

This post was edited

Starman, I think it was, with the alien born naked from a drop of blood on the snow.

The drop of blood was for the TV show so they showed above the waist and below the knees only.
The movie was from a lock of hair, and included full rear nudity.
Similar effect was The Time Travelers Wife, where he left his clothes behind when he did his time traveling and appeared nude at his new time and location (again rear only to keep the PG-13 rating).

This post was edited

I really thought it was funny in the movie Point Break when Gary Busy was getting his ads kicked by a group of naked women. LOL

This post was edited

Don't forget the opening scene of the Disney movie Pollyanna where the boys are skinny dipping in the river as the train travels over the trestle with one of them on the rope swing shown from behind..

This post was edited

Tom and Lola depicts nudity in a very natural way.

According to a summary on Clothesfree:
A pair of young children who have been living in bubbles in a hospital room dream of going to Alaska where they feel they will be cured from their mysterious disease. Nude scenes in virtually the whole movie, as these two children live in their bubbles naked.

There's also the 1994 film War of the Buttons. Two rivalling groups of kids claim their conquests' buttons as trophies of their victories. So one group decides to show up to one battle completely nude.

This post was edited