RE:Retirement and Clothing Supply

On the day I retired I stopped on the way home, stripped naked and made a bonfire of all my work clothes. My shoes were still smoldering a day later.

Did you do some sort of work that required specialized clothing or was it just more "formal" or "covering" than you intended to wear in retirement?

This post was edited

dI got rid of a lot of my clothes because now I am normally dressed one day a week for grocery shopping and other in town errandsNaturally yoursGeorgeCurrently living in Florida's Most Beautiful Clothes-Free ResortAre you often nude continuously for 6 days in a row?How much clothing do you now own?being nude for six days in a row is not unusual for meI now own very little clothing as the average person spends more time dressed in one day than I do in one month

MIght not be average, but many people do sleep nude, so it is not unusual to be clothed for only 15 hours or so a day.
How do you manage to be clothed so rarely?

This post was edited

Since it had been over a year since the last time I went through my closet and dresser, i decided it was time to do so again. Got rid of a large bag of clothing including two pair of long pants and several shirts. Also tossed 2 swimsuits. Still have 6 with varying coverage to meet different occasions. Closet is now half empty, as are 2 drawers in my dresser.
I will never have a truly minimal wardrobe since I am involved in several community activities and enjoy doing so, but a reduction in clothing supply still gives a sense of freedom.

This post was edited

After retiring, I have gotten rid of most of my clothing. I am down to a few pair of shorts, a couple of jeans, t shirts, and shirts and jackets for the winter time. I have gotten rid of most of my underwear, as I almost never wear any. Just in the cold of the winter when I might get frost bit. Warm weather, never. Before, it was a treat for me to go out without underwear, now it is commonplace for me.

This post was edited

After retiring, I have gotten rid of most of my clothing. I am down to a few pair of shorts, a couple of jeans, t shirts, and shirts and jackets for the winter time. I have gotten rid of most of my underwear, as I almost never wear any. Just in the cold of the winter when I might get frost bit. Warm weather, never. Before, it was a treat for me to go out without underwear, now it is commonplace for me.

Do you ever go anywhere that you need dress clothes?
Do you own any swimwear?

This post was edited

Since I last posted, I have gotten rid of several shirts, a very few shorts and slacks, and all but 2 swimsuits.
When our grandson gets older and stops spending most of the summer here, the swimsuits will go down to 1.

This post was edited

Sadly I've not downsized enough. But that's coming. Yet because I live where winters are cold I have lots to wear to layer for warmth. In winter, I keep my home at 67 degrees. And I need something to wear for church. Some of my work clothes were donated. Some were kept as winter PJs. (nurse retired). I also go into town for 6 to 8 yoga sessions per week. They don't have and won't do nude yoga here. Cannot shop for groceries or other supplies unless dressed. I live on some acreage, so I need heavy-duty clothes and shoes for safety. I mow the large yards at my church, so I gotta have something. Before Covid-19, music jams were a regular part of my life. Just have to wear something, or they would not be looking at my musical instrument, if I was nude. ETC. I still have too many clothes. Time to go through the closet again. From May to October nudity is usually the rule at my home. My cats don't care.

This post was edited

Actually got rid of one swimsuit and 3 shirts since my last post.

This post was edited

Sadly I've not downsized enough. But that's coming. Yet because I live where winters are cold I have lots to wear to layer for warmth. In winter, I keep my home at 67 degrees. And I need something to wear for church. Some of my work clothes were donated. Some were kept as winter PJs. (nurse retired). I also go into town for 6 to 8 yoga sessions per week. They don't have and won't do nude yoga here. Cannot shop for groceries or other supplies unless dressed. I live on some acreage, so I need heavy-duty clothes and shoes for safety. I mow the large yards at my church, so I gotta have something. Before Covid-19, music jams were a regular part of my life. Just have to wear something, or they would not be looking at my musical instrument, if I was nude. ETC. I still have too many clothes. Time to go through the closet again. From May to October nudity is usually the rule at my home. My cats don't care.
Two things that help me get rid of clothing.
Go through your closet and dresser nude. Helps you realize that you don't need much clothing.
Take everything out when you start. Then it is less effort to put something aside to give away than put it back.

This post was edited

Congratulations and I am envious. I hope to do the same and maybe live somewhere where I can just be nude all the time.

This post was edited