Why We Hike Naked (Part 4, Reasons 10 - 12)

Final installment.

10. Naked hiking is hiking. This may be the most obvious and lamest reason I have, but it is an important one. A day hiking is better than a day setting at the computer writing lists any day. The reasons for why hiking is just good for your mental and physical health is a whole other list. I like to hike, but if I can hike naked, its a big bonus that defiantly spices it up life.

11. Heck it just feels good and is fun. When it comes down to it, without analyzing it like I have, hiking naked just feels good. It may be because of the reasons I have listed, but does that really matter? If it makes you feel good and you arent hurting anyone else enjoy. For me the hardest thing about a naked hike is the end of the hike. And by that I mostly mean having to put my clothes back on. If I must put them on before I get to the car because I am back on a busy trail, that is torture. I have to admit to driving home naked, because I just couldnt let the day end.

12. Hiking is a way to experience the benefits social nudity. Usually I hike alone, not because that is the way I prefer it, it is just hard to find likeminded people. However, being naked with others outside has a lot of benefits that can be found in many discussions of naturism, and I will not elaborate here. I'll just say that spending the day with naked people of different ages, races, sexes, body shapes, and etc... is healthy for the mind and social barriers disappear. If spending that day hiking, all the better.

This topic was edited
RE:Why We Hike Naked (Part 4, Reasons 10 - 12)

Thanks for the series. You've covered many of the reasons I like to hike naked and come up with a few I'd not thought of. All good stuff! Here's looking forward to warmer, longer days (only 20 days until the days start getting longer) to come and with any luck, lots of naked hikes.

This post was edited

In Nevada and northern Calif. I walk naked in the hills. I'm lucky I have this freedom. I doesn't get any better then sporting walking boots and a stick and being out in the open air

This post was edited

In Nevada and northern Calif. I walk naked in the hills. I'm lucky I have this freedom. I doesn't get any better then sporting walking boots and a stick and being out in the open air

This post was edited