Trolling in the chat room

I have had a few discussions with moderators regarding the subject of "Trolling" in the chat room. It does not seem unreasonable to me for a user to post a polite question / statement from time to time in the chat room so that users who have recently joined the room may see it yet some moderators treat this as a form of "Trolling". In my book "Trolling" is a far more egregious action aimed at, for instance, demeaning / threatening / abusing a person. It appears that if a user wants to, as an example, converse with users in a particular area of the country to discuss local amenities they are only allowed to ask such a question once. I was thinking that naturists are generally tolerant (even laid back) people but this does not always come across in the chat room when people are threatened with muting or booting for asking an inoffensive question from time to time. Discuss.

This topic was edited
RE:Trolling in the chat room

We pop into the chat room now and then we are not very computer literate so can't always follow conversations, It nearly always seems confusing to us.

We often scroll through those present and often find those people we who we have a chance to natter with more regularily. We don't really understand the term trolling.

We perhaps visualise the term troll as those who would ask to chat then ask stupid questions like are you naked now can I see you, love your wife's body do you have pictures etc.! We would refer to them as trolls when they always use behaviour which to us is inappropriate innuendo and pervy from the odd person with a one track mind which has nothing to do with naturism. Still there is the block button which is all that is required.

It is also apparent when these types suddenly log off mid conversation. We see that as rude we interpret a lot of those occasions as them not getting the reaction they were looking for.

Be much easier if those pervs were to say something to the effect," hey I am a pervert and want to talk smutty," from the off we could hit the block button much quicker but they don't

Still there are far too many great people to chat with these few haven't put us off saying hi now and then.

Best Wishes J&J

This post was edited

," hey I am a pervert and want to talk smutty," from the off we could hit the block button much quicker

I love this, can we have the same for people who want to talk about the weather, football or alcohol, sometimes i just fall asleep watching the same words come up over and over again, it's like talking to me mum with her dementia. We did try to have a conversation in there a few days ago about naturism and clothing attitudes but the inevitable dad with young kids wants to talk to others and we had an inch of snow back in 1810 soon sent us back to watching daytime tv instead.

I never knew what a troll was until i came on this site, i thought they were from Harry Potter or lived under bridges waiting to eat kids and travelers. I still don't know what one is, I would go in the chat room and ask but they are talking about the weather.

This post was edited

:) bit cold here today snow on the hills and have the fire on.

Talking of trolls the Hobbit was on last night loved in we have seen it twice before. Hope you are having a restful Sunday looking forward to better weather so we can get back to the petanque in comfort.

Best Wishes J&J

This post was edited

personally i think there are some in the chatroom who are over zealous in whom they mute or accuse of trolling. I see no harm in someone throwing out that they would like to PM with someone. It certainly is more interesting than the endless string of hellos and goodbyes that fill up the main area. But i have noticed that if someone does openly ask in the room if anyone wants to PM more than once they get muted.
I have tried at times to throw out some topic to get some discussion going in the room. Something like " what is something you want to do nude but have not had the opportunity to do yet?" I might get one response and some others say " are you asking me?"
When I am in the chatroom I look for those who want to chat one on one and have a discussion about most any topic and I prefer to switch over to PM when i do click with someone.

This post was edited

Here, here, chat room conversation is limited to dis connected phrases not s conversation. It's a shame moderators see the invitation to conversation as offensive. Sort of reminds you of a totalitarian state control!

This post was edited

Here, here, chat room conversation is limited to dis connected phrases not s conversation. It's a shame moderators see the invitation to conversation as offensive. Sort of reminds you of a totalitarian state control!

I've checked the chat room a few times. I agree, I have never seen a conversation. "disconnected phrases" pretty much covers it.

This post was edited

I don't bother going into the chat room unless somebody I know is going to be there and we can PM. I agree...it's either the same boring conversations, it's going too fast to keep up, or every other line is somebody getting booted or muted.

This post was edited

maybe us real chatters need a separate room so we can actually exchange words.

This post was edited

I belong to another site that had similar problems in its chat room, and established a no-cam room with that idea in mind. But there's never anyone in it, literally zero, while a couple of hundred are in the cam room. Used to belong to a site, before cams were universally expected, that had a genuine text-only chat, which was perfectly pleasant.

This post was edited

This topic keeps popping up in my feed because I have friends providing replies. I haven't spent more than a minute or two in the chat room because all I see are the disjointed phrases referred to above. Would someone explain the appeal? (Eg, why people keep returning). Is it possible to engage people in interesting conversation? If so, how. I would love to get to know some folks better. I'm naked, you're naked, now what?

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe