RE:Trolling in the chat room

Would someone explain the appeal? (Eg, why people keep returning). Is it possible to engage people in interesting conversation? If so, how. I would live to get to know some folks better.

the appeal - it's winter, it's cold and there is sod all else to do - seriously it is a desperate hope that there is a naturist world out there that isn't just show me yours and i will show you mine, a hope that intelligent people will pull together to make a change.

is it possible to engage people - yep just contradict someone and you will get abuse and others then jump in to defend or join you, works every time. Alternatively watch the conversation and pick out the few who are clearly trying to talk and direct your message to them, avoid using pm as that kills the conversation but then if you do pm it can be fun to talk about people secretly.

Would like to get to know people better - follow the crowd it works every time, but then you wouldn't be a naturist on here. Best way is to get a great profile that actually tells people about you not just the usual i don't talk to strangers, i take my clothes off and i love my country speeches. There are some great people on here unfortunately they are often the most reluctant to talk for some reason. The easy alternative is to have a profile stating you are aged 16, bi female with multiple enthusiastic children who love being naked around adults especially creepy guys and of course you have a passion for being thick, submissive and can travel anywhere in the world in 5 mins on demand to offer a helping hand to guys and have endless pictures of your fun times available.

topics that break into the room chat - politics (banned) religion (banned) sex (banned) naturist ethics (banned will lead to mature open conversations about sex) body parts ( banned might lead to preferences being discussed) female equality or views on anything (not available as no females on here will to chat due to idiots) anything non USA (ignored as no other country exists).

See you in the chat room...

This post was edited

Thanks for the insight! Ive never made sense of chatrooms on this or other sites. To just join a bunch of other people saying hi and its warm/cold/... in my part of the world doesnt make sense. How does one randomly select another to pm, to strike up a proper conversation, without being yet another male approaching one of the few females for a chat, or to try and identify a male who wants a real discussion.
I need to try the last suggestions for a bit of fun, though!

This post was edited

[See you in the chat room...

Unlikely, but thanks for the invite. Your description is so enticing, about as much as soaking in an ice bath :-).

This post was edited

I rarely use the chatroom as I've found it quite unfriendly at times and trying to find someone to chat with is difficult. It would be great if there were effective filters or sort options such as by country, or different rooms for different topics. It's interesting that the forums are open to a much wider range of topics (including, sex, politics and religion) and don't appear to be moderated at all. One option is to set up chatrooms aligned with the forum topics which would probably result in smaller numbers in each room. Another is to set up an unmoderated adult room (enter at your own risk). But I think the best solution is to simply set up a silent chatroom with no cameras allowed (we can call it the Zen room). No more inane conversations, just a peaceful white space where we can contemplate life, the universe and everything - nude and in total silence. Ahhhhh....bliss!

This post was edited

Interesting to read this thread. I have been in the chat room several times of late to see if it is possible to actually get to meet other nudists and form some kind of connection. Most conversations start out nice and friendly, but then disintegrate into far too personal information for someone I don't know. It makes me suspicious when I do get a message, which is getting off on the wrong foot from the start. I have no solution to this problem. I am reminded though, out in normal gatherings, that when I am in a large crowd, conversations are all over the place, noisy and in most cases uninterpretable. People pop in and out of the conversation with intelligent and non intelligent contributions. When I am in a conversation with one, two, maybe three others, the conversation is more controlled and each person is more involved. Seems to me the same principle works in the chat room. And when some here try to have a conversation, or invite a conversation, like you would do in a non chat room situation, they do get shunted as "trolling".
I am always ready to have a conversation with fellow nudists, I'm not prepared to be quizzed about my personal life from total strangers.

Keep trying, you might just snag a new friend via the chat room.

This post was edited

Ditto to #'s 6,7, and 11. I don't get what the chat room really accomplishes either with 2 or 3 word statements about the weather or saying Hi from 99 people?! SMH ... If anyone want to chat with me, we can find a way to private message as "friends" or heck I don't mind sharing my email.

This post was edited

Ditto to #'s 6,7, and 11. I don't get what the chat room really accomplishes either with 2 or 3 word statements about the weather or saying Hi from 99 people?! SMH ... If anyone want to chat with me, we can find a way to private message as "friends" or heck I don't mind sharing my email.

[LIKE]

[]

This post was edited

Ditto to #'s 6,7, and 11. I don't get what the chat room really accomplishes either with 2 or 3 word statements about the weather or saying Hi from 99 people?! SMH ... If anyone want to chat with me, we can find a way to private message as "friends" or heck I don't mind sharing my email.[LIKE]Unlike the 1 word responses over and over in the forums such as 'LIKE' or 'Ditto" ?[]

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe