Worst Christmas present

Seasonal post - ok so now you have all brought the pressies and wait in eagre expectation that you got it right what is the worst present you have ever given or received?

Mine is from my bank manager he has just failed to clear a cheque so Christmas is cancelled until Dec 29th when the bank opens again,

my second; as a teen i thought i had been given a black remote control sports car, i had peeked at the pressy pile ( as you do) a week before the big day and managed to get a look inside just enough to see the image of a fantastic looking car on the box, i carefully hid the peeled off bit of wrapper and waited in pure anticipation for the day, it was the first thing i opened and...
an electric razor, the image was simply the macho guy leaning on the car with designer stubble. I was so disappointed.

This topic was edited
RE:Worst Christmas present

Mine is from an employer, a gift certificate to a fast food restaurant. In memory of it I never cashed it in and still have it to remind myself to always be generous to others.

This post was edited

Given; I was in a new position with the Fire Dept. I was in a staff position, at a desk, for a year. It was extremely difficult to do any shopping as I was able to when I had days off during the week. On the 23rd of December, I was out with all the rest of the frantic shoppers looking for things to buy my wife. With little to nothing left ... I bought her bath towels ... WRONG, VERY WRONG gift to give! Never made that mistake again!

Received: Worse Christmas gift ... being forced to work during the entire holiday. I had vacation planned and approved but a large fire broke out and ALL vacations and days off were cancelled. I was on the fire line for over a week throughout the holiday and New Year! But ... I still loved my job! ;-)

This post was edited

I'm going to do an Andi 'follow along'...I was looking for something last minute also. My wife had mentioned something about wanting to spruce up the kitchen...I bought her a, what I thought was nice, set of curtains for the kitchen. Also...VERY WRONG....I learned. Now I just buy her nice sparkles. It's been OK since then. Merry Christmas to all and a safe & prosperous New Year!!

This post was edited

All gifts from my ex-wife's side of the family. Her brother regifted me a cheap set of wind chimes, and another xmas gave me a box set of canned olives he got from a client. Her Dad got me a new jigsaw, used it, then wrapped it up in the buggered box. The tightening screw was messed up, and the blades were scarred.

This post was edited

Being a nudists and a freeballer, I would have to say underwear from my wife when we were first married was the worst gift ever received. We weren't especially well off and when she did my laundry, there was never any underwear to wash. Being too bashful to ask why, she just assumed I was just too poor to afford any. Not wanting to hurt her feelings, I'd take a pair of underwear out of the drawer and toss them directly into the dirty clothes basket. After a few months, she finally realized why I never had any to wash. We still laugh about that 28 years later.

This post was edited

Being a nudists and a freeballer, I would have to say underwear from my wife when we were first married was the worst gift ever received. We weren't especially well off and when she did my laundry, there was never any underwear to wash. Being too bashful to ask why, she just assumed I was just too poor to afford any. Not wanting to hurt her feelings, I'd take a pair of underwear out of the drawer and toss them directly into the dirty clothes basket. After a few months, she finally realized why I never had any to wash. We still laugh about that 28 years later.

Along the same line, I got pajamas on two different occasions from my parents after I had stopped wearing them. I kept the long pair to use as loungewear and the short ones to wear when we were sleeping in someone else's home. I did wear them both at some point but eventually stopped and forgot about them. Some 15 year after I switched to boxers and 1 years after I stopped wearing anything to bed, I was cleaning out my dresser and found both pair stuffed in the back of a drawer. I immediately donated them to charity. It gave me a feeling of freedom to know I had nothing designed to be worn to bed, even though I hadn't worn anything for a long time.
Not a gift but something similar. While I had been a frequent freeballer and increasingly so when not at work for several years before I retired, I always wore underwear to work. While I did not go full time immediately upon retiring I was wearing underwear less and less. A few months after I retired, my wife noticed that there was not much underwear in the wash and much of what was there was getting worn out. Se bought me six new pair. While I guess I wore each of them at some point, shortly after that I decided to continue to freeball more often and started getting rid of my underwear. While the older ones went first, I eventually stopped wearing underwear completely and got rid of it all, so some was only worn a few times.

This post was edited

Surprising that the topic never came up while you were dating.
Were you also a nude sleeper?

This post was edited

The subject never came up while we were dating, and she has two kids, who were teens at the time, so I never slept over. I have always slept in the nude, or with just a T-shirt on.

This post was edited

Took me a little while to think about this one. However, I was reminded again this year what it is. I love my mother-in-law, but she is clueless when it comes to gift giving. Every year that I can remember (we've been married 37 years) she has given me a cheap meat and cheese box from Hickory Farms. She just doesn't know what else to get. This year it is going back into the cabinet with last years, lol. Do those things ever go bad? I don't think so!

This post was edited

The subject never came up while we were dating, and she has two kids, who were teens at the time, so I never slept over. I have always slept in the nude, or with just a T-shirt on.
Then it could have been worse. She could have bought you pajamas because she thought you couldn't afford them. Or did she know that you preferred to sleep nude?

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe