naked sports

Hi,

i'm a passionate cyclist. But the winter months are just to cold, wet and dark to really keep up a good training schedule in winter. So during winter i should find an alternative to keep the shape. So i was thinking maybe look for a sport that I can do naked. Any thoughts or tips? I don't think there are many options around here but i can give it a try.

This topic was edited
RE:naked sports

I too love to spend time on my bike, but is dangerous to ride on snow covered roads. So my alternative is a stationary that is set up in front of the TV. It's less boring that way. I will change the difficulty up or down with each commercial for even more variety.

This post was edited

I too love to spend time on my bike, but is dangerous to ride on snow covered roads. So my alternative is a stationary that is set up in front of the TV. It's less boring that way. I will change the difficulty up or down with each commercial for even more variety.

What do you wear when you are on the stationary bike?

This post was edited

When exercising on my stationary bike I wear nothing. It's even better when my wife gets on the threadmill or a friend pops over. If you have never tried a spinning class with a screen on every bike and a coach that pushes you through the hills, it's awesome but I just don't have the money for a Pelatron at home. If you talk to the spinning contact at your local gym you may find others who like to do it nude.
Other exercises in the winter, we love visiting a swim event but the nearest one is 3 hrs away so that hasn't happened in years.

This post was edited

The obvious choice is to get a stationary mount for your bike, but chafing and saddles can be a problem when you're nude. Treadmills can also be a challenge depending on how well endowed you are. The best cardio option might be ellipticals. In addition, do you have naked yoga in your area? It's great to be practicing in a warm studio with others and you will likely find your inner yogi come out in full force!

This post was edited

I use the cold winter months with all the snow and ice to cross-train indoors. This is something I can do in my basement with weights, etc. I always do it nude. It breaks up the boredom that way.

This post was edited

Do any of you who mentioned regular outdoor biking do it shirtless?

This post was edited

I too love to spend time on my bike, but is dangerous to ride on snow covered roads. So my alternative is a stationary that is set up in front of the TV. It's less boring that way. I will change the difficulty up or down with each commercial for even more variety.What do you wear when you are on the stationary bike?

Didn't think that I had to mention that I am nude. Do all of my exercising that way. Probably should note that my bike is recumbent so there are no problems with the seat or chafing.

This post was edited

Do any of you who mentioned regular outdoor biking do it shirtless?

Frequently do. For the most part it depends on how sunny it is. You tend to get a strange tan while biking. Also since I ride a pedals forward bike, I no longer need bike shorts for comfort and have worn just sports style boxer briefs with breathable fabric. More exposed skin and no wad of padding between your legs.

This post was edited

Do any of you who mentioned regular outdoor biking do it shirtless?Frequently do. For the most part it depends on how sunny it is. You tend to get a strange tan while biking. Also since I ride a pedals forward bike, I no longer need bike shorts for comfort and have worn just sports style boxer briefs with breathable fabric. More exposed skin and no wad of padding between your legs.

Could you get away with sports briefs or swim briefs?

This post was edited

Do any of you who mentioned regular outdoor biking do it shirtless?Frequently do. For the most part it depends on how sunny it is. You tend to get a strange tan while biking. Also since I ride a pedals forward bike, I no longer need bike shorts for comfort and have worn just sports style boxer briefs with breathable fabric. More exposed skin and no wad of padding between your legs.Could you get away with sports briefs or swim briefs?

Have ridden many miles in either the sports briefs or exercise shorts. Not embarrassed to go into a business while adding a shirt, but the lack of pockets can be a bit troublesome. I will also sometimes wear a construction safety vest for a pocket or two and visibility. The mesh fabric does help to keep me cool.

This post was edited