My favorite roast is.......

I've been a die hard coffee drinker all my life and tried almost every kind there is. Black only!
For a long time I would drink a nice golden roast Columbian but for the past 5 years now I've switched up to a Columbian French Roast. I find the robust flavor from the French Roast similar to the qualities of a nice Cab when it's a bit on the dry side. (I love a good Cab!)
My wife likes her flavors, but I feel it only corrupts this God given beverage! Our pot is OFF LIMITS to any flavored beans as well as the grinder. She is required to add her flavors to her cup only. No room for discussion!!!
I would love to hear about all your brewing passions.
To grind, or not to grind, that is the question.
FreeLee

This topic was edited
RE:My favorite roast is.......

I used to buy, grind and brew 100% Kona Coffee beans but found some 100% Kona Coffee K cups on Amazon and have been buying those. Expensive per cup but well worth it. Seeing as I was visiting Starbucks everyday and paying twice that amount for some fancy coffee, I saving money by buying these K-cups and drinking what I really like.

This post was edited

A number of years ago, I was going to school in New Orleans and we lived close to the Community Coffee roasting plant. The smell was amazing and we loved it. I discovered the New Orleans Blend (with chicory) and as long as it is fresh, it is wonderful. The school also had a Southern Pecan blend, and after trying that I was in heaven. It was awesome. Now, I get the Great Value brand from Walmart. 48 k-cups for $15, cant beat it. And its decent, but a little flavored creamer takes care of any other issues.

This post was edited

Member's Mark Colombian Supremo Single Serve Cup-Dark Roast. It comes on 100 single serve cups from Sam's Club, I think. That's what we have at the house now. So it is favorite!!

This post was edited

Weve been enjoying the overcast, north wind smitten weather here at St Augustine for several days now. Part of our morning ritual is obviously coffee and watching the sun come up. That said, our unit has a Keurig coffee maker-Im less than impressed. Ive tried Starbucks Colombian , Sumatra, Decaf House Blend and the always famous Black Rifle. Theyre all varied flavors of overpowering used motor oil. Yukkkkk. Im sure this might be heresy to some of you; I guess this makes me a mere plebeian to many but thats the deal. I out to search for some good old Folgers dark roast this morning. May the local landfill rejoice with their upcoming Starbucks bounty.

This post was edited

That grinder noise does resonate through our little naked home, so on those days we're grinding the night before.
We recently replaced a regular Krups grinder with a Krups Silent Vortex grinder. It is far quieter.

This post was edited

Looked like an interesting topic, then saw I started it 5 years ago LOL!
Nothing's changed since then......Same coffee, same wife!

This post was edited

Good for you; the same here for me and I like it that way!!

This post was edited