Tan lines

Why do so many nudists have tan lines?
I would guess being a nudist that you wouldn't have tan lines since your nude all the time and tanning at the nude beaches or am I wrong?

This topic was edited
RE:Tan lines

Hello Kim, I am Victor from Australia. I have only recently retired, so am tanned all over now, constantly nude on this farm. But previous to retirement I had to work during daylight hours, for other companies, who did not permit nudity at work. So I turned white during those times, and did not have enough nude time to be rid of tan lines. My bum used to be so white I think it could be seen from outer space, haha! I now work rest and play nude, but have to be careful in the Australian sun.
Cheers
Vic

This post was edited

Because there are few places to be naked, so the nudists with tan lines are doing the best they can in an anti nude society. They cant be at the nude resort all the time. They have to live with the nude hating crowd rest of the time.

This post was edited

We have very close nudist friends that can't be naked all the time and spend lots of time with their grown kids at places where they have to wear bathing suits. Most times, when we see them, they strip down and as they show us their tan lines and say ... "take us someplace to get rid of these!" Their ability to sun for hours to get rid of the tan lines is limited unless they leave home for our place, a club/resort or their home in AZ.

I don't think it's uncommon for you to see many nudists with tan lines. Not all nudists have the ability to be naked always.

This post was edited

I have tan lines on my bum and no matter how much I try I cannot shift them, the reason is simple I hate lying on my front on the beach and so it never gets the sun. If you are face down you can't interact with anyone. Also here in the uk we have such a short tan season so that our years of having to be decent cannot be easily erased, so the white bits are like a reminder of our failure (or opportunity) to be ourselves. It also makes it easier for my family to find me in a crowd of nudies.

This post was edited

I have a private back yard but currently have my son and his girlfriend staying while they house hunt.
Sometimes I can shed the shorts, sometimes not.
Still want my sun (son) though. :)

This post was edited

Something I have always wondered is why some men at nude venues have tan lines at the knees.
I would think that people who like to be nude would wear the minimum when they have to wear something, so why wear athe long shorts that produced those tan lines?

This post was edited

Not all nudists are interested in getting a tan. I for one do not spend any more time in the sun than I have to and passed up WBNR rides the last two years because it was too hot and sunny. All of us live in a textile world and are required to wear some clothing from time to time. For me it is daily. I can't work in my yard while nude so depending on the weather I will be completely covered except face and hands to just a pair of very short shorts.

This post was edited

Something I have always wondered is why some men at nude venues have tan lines at the knees.I would think that people who like to be nude would wear the minimum when they have to wear something, so why wear athe long shorts that produced those tan lines?

If I must wear something, and as a nudist, I would much rather wear those loose board shorts than a tight restrictive Speedo.

This post was edited

I have tan lines on my bum and no matter how much I try I cannot shift them, the reason is simple I hate lying on my front on the beach and so it never gets the sun. If you are face down you can't interact with anyone. Also here in the uk we have such a short tan season so that our years of having to be decent cannot be easily erased, so the white bits are like a reminder of our failure (or opportunity) to be ourselves. It also makes it easier for my family to find me in a crowd of nudies.

I have not worn a wrist watch in over 20 years. Since pagers, BlackBerries, cellphones, etc., have a time of day display. I STILL have a tan line on my wrist.

Bob

This post was edited

We are constantly shedding our skin, so if I remember correctly from school, it's about 28 days. So to have no tan lines, you have to spend a month where you are either fully covered outside or fully nude. So if I'm at home out in the garden or the beach with textile friends etc and are wearing boardies, then it takes a concerted effort to even that out.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe