Obsolete Members

It is of my opinion that members that have not signed in to TN for at least a yr should be deleted.
I sure hope its not just to say TN has xxx amount of members as this would lower the membership count!
What do others feel about this?

This topic was edited
RE:Obsolete Members

I feel pretty certain the main reason for not deleting inactive profiles IS to keep membership numbers higher than they normally would be. I think the only way a profile may get deleted is if the member does it themselves when they decide not to engage with the site anymore. Most probably just quit logging in and leave the profile behind and forgetting about it. There is also the possibility of some that may have passed away and their relatives are not going to even visit the site if they found it on the deceased's computer.

This post was edited

It's easy to see that there are many thousands of members that don't use the site.
The search filter options reveal a lot.

Search says there are 305,000 members. Only 63,000 (21%) have been online in the last year. Only 22,000 (7%) in the last month.
87% of members are men. 6% of members are women. and 7% couples. This tells a lot that men really love getting there clothes off.
Only 23% of members have uploaded photos. and only 5% of members are certified.

I think people should have to upload a photo if they want to remain on the site. It gives more credibility to them.
Getting certified is not that difficult and is a good way for people to be able to trust you. It filters out potential fake profiles.

Perhaps they should clear out all profiles not logged on for a year and all members with no photo should be given a time to upload one or be deleted.

This post was edited

Thanks for this fact finding. Im especially saddened when a profile is featured (on the log in page) of a member who hasnt logged in for 3 years, or more. This has happened on several occasions. Why does this happen??? Why are several of the same people featured? Plus, I agree on both points. A nude pic must be a requirement for the creation of a profile. Thats not asking too much on a nude hobbies web site. The other is deleting all members with over 5 years of inactivity.

This post was edited

Interesting stats. From a business point of view, I don't think they want to delete the accounts but there are a few things I think they could do like make is possible to inactivate an account, inactivate an account when not logged in for more than 2 years and requiring a bit more information to create an account. Also, from a retention point of view, i wonder if they send out emails to the accounts who haven't logged in encouraging them to come back. customer retention is an important aspect for a business.

This post was edited

The 5% of members who are certified and the 7% who were on the site in the last month are generating the majority of the site traffic. Were talking several hundred to up to a good thousand people. In my opinion, this is compromised by counting all the corpses in the crawlspace. I think the site would be more active if accounts were automatically deactivated or deleted.

This post was edited

There's a good possibility that some of these inactive profiles, may be PAID members, who have just gotten busy with doing other things, and forgot their profile or interest. From a business point, Truenudist would liable if they deleted a profile of a paid member. That said, I would guess most of the inactive profiles are not paid members. Some of these inactive members are also group administrators, who leave behind a group with no way for interested members to join. That's far more annoying to me.

This post was edited

From TN's point of view, I understand why they keep all the corpses (I like the term). 300,000 members looks much more impressive - especially if they want to generate advertisers or sell the site. But from a user's perspective, there is nothing more time wasting than trawling through dozens of profiles that have had no activity for years. How about dumping them all into an inactive file. That way they are still there, can be accessed is needed but don,' clog the system for the rest of us.
Another issue touched on is the plethora of groups. Many have had no activity in years. There are also heaps of groups with identical interests but different title. Wouldn't it be great if some of these could be combined!

This post was edited

I agree about the zombies and repeat groups.
I guess we can help with the group issue by getting in touch with the owners and see if they are willing to combine the groups. Of course if one or more of the owners are zombies themselves, then we have an issue.

This post was edited

It is of my opinion that members that have not signed in to TN for at least a yr should be deleted.I sure hope its not just to say TN has xxx amount of members as this would lower the membership count!What do others feel about this?

You were last here 5 months ago.
Why do you want to delete members that haven't signed in lately?
You are one of them.

This post was edited

I wont address the inactive members, I think you all did and I agree. I would, however, like to address the point that is being brought up regarding posting a pic. This is a FORUM. This is a PUBLIC FORUM. I personally work in an industry where clothing optional would be looked at and frowned upon. It is my career, not just my job. So, no I will not put my career into jeopardy because people think I should have to put my pic out there. The next argument I would get would be then just get certified. Sorry, again I wont put my career into jeopardy, there is always the chance something could happen whoops, and as I'm sure you have all heard once its out there, its out there and there is no take backs. Once I retire down the road I wont have a problem with it. But for now its not happening, if that means I get blocked from a public forum then so be it. If it means that I don't get online friends because they don't trust me for who I am, ok. Personally I'm just here to meet like minded folks, if you want to be friends then cool, if you don't because you don't trust me ok then, that's your choice no hard feelings. Long winded, but that's my .02. After reading what I wrote I think that I would be willing to post pics without a face. As long as there wasn't a way to connect it to me then I wouldn't have a problem.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe