RE:Obsolete Members

As far as losing a job, two co-workers, one was a pier and the other two levels of management above me, were fired for talking about going to nude beaches and resorts.BobSo what was your job to be any near right to sack people who talked about going to nudist beaches etc.

The company we worked for was considered a contacting company. We worked on the customer site. The customer heard about it and demanded that they be removed. The company we worked for didn't like it either and just fired them as opposed to relocating them.

We worked for a data processing company and our customer was a health insurer.

Bob

This post was edited

I think after a period of time older, inactive accounts go to the bottom of the site search engine so if you're noticing a lot of inactive profiles then they haven't been inactive all that long. After a period of years older profiles do get purged. I know other sites do this so I'm certain TN has a similar policy in place.

Multiple profiles do happen by accident. Like me for instance. I forgot I had a profile on TN from 6 years ago and set up a new one only to discover my old one. LOL

This post was edited

I think after a period of time older, inactive accounts go to the bottom of the site search engine so if you're noticing a lot of inactive profiles then they haven't been inactive all that long. After a period of years older profiles do get purged. I know other sites do this so I'm certain TN has a similar policy in place.Multiple profiles do happen by accident. Like me for instance. I forgot I had a profile on TN from 6 years ago and set up a new one only to discover my old one. LOL

There are profiles where the members hasn't been on this site for 10 years so all the profiles are left on the site.

Also on the home page there is meant to be 364,249 members, but under the search there is only 305,767 members listed so nearly 60,000 members are lost on the site if the higher figure is right.

This post was edited

... After a period of years older profiles do get purged. I know other sites do this so I'm certain TN has a similar policy in place.

I don't think there is much evidence that any old profiles have been purged. I wish there was a function to search my friends list for last log-in and purge the old ones. I have to sort by last login and look at each on individually. It takes forever. If the old ones were purged from the whole site it would be a far better option.

This post was edited

this is not true. I am on at least every day and the longest has been a week maybe two because i was an over the road truck driver. this is is wrong if it says last logged in was 5 months ago

This post was edited

Just my two cents here: I don't think a website can legally require you to upload a nude photo of yourself, whether the website is a nudist one or not. Particularly a global website where laws and regulations vary widely.

I'm on my second account. I deleted my first one after a local guy saw my nude photos and got creepy about it. I was certified and paid to upgrade, the whole nine. But since coming back, I haven't gotten certified nor have I paid to upgrade. There's just not enough benefit, and I don't miss either of those things. The only thing I notice is that I can see fewer photos, which is not the be-all, end-all of why I'm here in the first place. I just wanted to throw that out there because people have good, valid reasons for not wanting their nude photos on the internet, and it doesn't automatically mean they're ashamed or less of a nudist because of it. I will say that I'm in a smaller town, so someone in a larger metro area might have more of a reason to get certified/upgraded, or be less worried about someone they know finding their nudes.

But in relation to the main topic, I would think they could state that accounts go inactive after, say, a year. When you search, you wouldn't get those results. They could even implement a search modifier that says, Show me inactive accounts, or something like that. And completely off topic: I wish they would create a search area somewhere between 100 and 500 miles. LOL

This post was edited

Please understand -- I am just curious -- why does "Obsolete Members" bother you?
I just checked, I had no idea - I have 171 people on my friends list. -- I have exchanged PM with maybe 4 of them.
I do not know, nor do I care when most of them were on site last. Why should I?
I assume most wanted to be on my friends list so they could see all of my pictures.
OK - Let them look - if I didn't want anyone to see the pictures I wouldn't have posted them.
If a member is not on my friend list and hasn't been on site in years, I have no idea why that should bother me.
Why does anyone care if others are on site or not?
As I said - I am just curious.

This post was edited
Dj vu all over againI

It has been 4 years since I became bored with TN and said, "To hell with it!" I dumped the account completely, leaving over 6000 holes in the forum and groups. A few weeks back I reupped using my backup/test account (one of the benefits of not purging old, disused accounts).

A perusal of the forum has evinced that as the French say, "Plus a change, plus cest la mme chose." The more it changes, the more it is the same thing. Four years later, what's new?

It's interesting to be a "textile" again. Whether that status will change is unknown. In the previous incarnation, there were individual threads that would have achieved the transition to whatever the next level is. Anbody remember the infamous 12-page "Dump NIM" thread? What a hoot that was.

To the old-timers of TN: God's blessings to you.

To the trolls: allow me to suggest a physiologically difficult self-service.

To the nudebies: it's okay to defoliate that area; boners are not acceptable in social nudism, but are improbable in any case; genital "jewelry" is stupid and just plain ugly; and your body, no matter what it looks like, is beautiful.

Peace!

This post was edited
RE:Dj vu all over againI

It has been 4 years since I became bored with TN and said, "To hell with it!" I dumped the account completely, leaving over 6000 holes in the forum and groups. A few weeks back I reupped using my backup/test account (one of the benefits of not purging old, disused accounts).

Welcome back NIM! TN missed you.

teamtrue2

This post was edited
RE:Dj vu all over againI

Welcome back NIM.

Bob

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video