any nudists that are sausage makers /smokers

i was sitting here this morning making up a list of things i need to order to make 150 lbs of smoked sausage and i got to wondering if i was the only naked sausage maker

This topic was edited
RE:any nudists that are sausage makers /smokers

Not here but have watched many guys making smoked sausage on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives ...

Have a good friend that was being taught the fine art of smoking his meats by his Texas neighbors but he's since moved back here to So Cal and he's a helluva lot better than I am at that and BBQing. I'm a good BBQ'er if I'm standing at the Q and watching the meat constantly. The issue is, I'm a bit too social and I forget about the Q and end up ruining the meats so ... I leave that to my son in laws OR ... my wife sets the timer in the house and comes out and calls to me to turn the meat! hahahahaha

This post was edited

Not here but have watched quite a bit of those guys on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives ...

Funny, I have never noticed that there were naked sausage makers on that show. I will have to pay a little more attention next time it is on.

This post was edited

I love using my smokers. I have a bit of a smoking problem as I am now up to 6 and potentially looking at one more. I do love smoked ribs, pulled pork, brisket, chicken, and turkey. Never done sausage from scratch, but I do like to smoke brats and kielbasa that I buy from my local butcher. Let us know how your latest batch of smoked sausage turns out.

This post was edited

about 2-3 times a year the wife and i will make anywhere from 100 -150 lbs of smoked pork sausage and give most of it to friends and neighbors
we do it for a couple of reasons (1) its so much better than what we can buy in the store and ( 2) we like seeing happy people

This post was edited

I have a smoker as well and would love to learn to make my own sausage.
I've always been a sausage lover, especially with a good cheese and a cold beer. I think its my Belgian Blood.
Hope you're willing to share your secrets. I'll have to buy the grinder attachment for my KA Mixer!
Lee

This post was edited

Not here but have watched quite a bit of those guys on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives ...Have a good friend that was being taught the fine art of smoking his meats by his Texas neighbors but he's since moved back here to So Cal and he's a helluva lot better than I am at that and BBQing. I'm a good BBQ'er if I'm standing at the Q and watching the meat constantly. The issue is, I'm a bit too social and I forget about the Q and end up ruining the meats so ... I leave that to my son in laws OR ... my wife sets the timer in the house and comes out and calls to me to turn the meat! hahahahaha

Hey Andy,
Ruined a few good meals myself! Never thought of putting my wife in charge of ............Me!
Oh....... Wait a minute......., It think ..........!
Well, at least I'm in charge in my dreams! :D

This post was edited

I have a smoker as well and would love to learn to make my own sausage.I've always been a sausage lover, especially with a good cheese and a cold beer. I think its my Belgian Blood.Hope you're willing to share your secrets. I'll have to buy the grinder attachment for my KA Mixer!Lee

unless your only going to make 2-3 lbs don't even try it with an attachment , buy a real grinder ( otherwise it will work your tail off )
in order to make sausage from scratch you need the following (1) a good grinder (2) meat mixer (3) a good sausage stuffer ) and a smoker that gives you really good temp. control . and only use natural hog casings , the process is fairly simple , grind , mix , stuff and smoke
i like what is referred to as "cold smoking " temps at or below 100 degrees
its a good hobby , and i guarantee you will make a lot of friends doing it ..... most of our textile friends won't even buy sausage from a grocery store any more ...lol

This post was edited

i will try adding a picture of what i am talking about
one word of caution : if you do decide to try making your own , you MUST ADD ( a tiny amount ) 1 teaspoon of sodium nitrate per 5 lbs of meat
there is a type of bacteria that can grow in the absence of oxygen , ( can cause botulism ) adding the sodium nitrate will eliminate this problem

This post was edited

Wow ... looks delicious! Do you ship! :DDD

This post was edited

you know Andy , a lot of people have asked me that, but i can't find a cost effective way to do it ....sorry
but if anyone wants to make them just ask and i will walk them thru it step by step .

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe