RE:any nudists that are sausage makers /smokers

Have 100 sticks of sopresatta curing since early January. They'll be ready mid March.

This post was edited

yesterday was warm so i smoked 3 racks of ribs . they came out nice and tender mother in law came for dinner and helped eat em ,been snacking on the leftovers today . also ordered a new dry rub yesterday that i have been wanting to try , guess i'll try that on the next batch

This post was edited

the smoker is in my opinion the ONLY way to do ribs !!! remove the membrane coat them with your favorite dry rub put them in the smoker for about 4-4 1/2 hours at 225 -250 degrees , then put them in an oven ( i use a steam table ) at 140 degrees for at least 1 hour before serving i never put BBQ sauce on my ribs until they are on the plate , the reason for putting them in a lower temp over or other place at 140 degrees is that the juices need to redistribute through out the meat and will do so at the lower temp. follow this and you will have hogs committing suicide just to get on your plate !!!
Great tip on letting them set in the oven. Going to try that on my next smoke.
I have a rig I've made to monitor temperature that works great.
I purchased these at Lowes. I think they were $20. One probe for the upper rack, one for the lower rack and one for ambient temperature. The alarm will go off if the temp gets to high which is great if you get too involved in other things, like sampling a 6 pack of the latest micro brew.
It's much more enjoyable than my lovely wife asking me every 10 minutes if I checked the meat! What a woman I have, Saved me from burning dinner a few times. :D

This post was edited

to high tech for me, i just go by stack temp on the smoker and use a steam table or oven for the cool down, besides i like running in and out of the house naked to check on things ....lol

This post was edited

i just submitted a new group waiting for approval called " naked backyard BBQing " i hope it gets some members , it could be a fun little group !!!

This post was edited

new group " naked backyard BBQing" is open for business ...lol hope you will join

This post was edited

I will definitely have join this group. Don't have a private backyard so I cannot barbecue naked, wish I could. Still love to put meat on the smoker and enjoy the feast that follows.

I also don't like to have to babysit the smoker. That's why I purchased pellet smokers, have a Green Mountain Grill that I just love. I can set up cook profiles and watch it from my smartphone. Meat comes out great.

This post was edited

Now THAT"S high tech!

This post was edited

Just riding the wave of the future my man!

This post was edited

Excessive friction with barmaid can cause your sausage to smoke.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe