Who's an AANR Member?

Hey,
I've been really trying to decide about enrolling in an aanr membership. I read pretty much a brief glimpse of what's included in the membership on their website. However, I'm wondering if there's bigger surprises that they're not sharing. For example , it mentions $600 worth of coupons at many resorts. Are they large hundred dollar bulk coupons that can be applied toward nightly rates at resorts? Or are they smaller coupon amounts that are just for anything like day passes, food, merchandise, at the clubs? Also, does anyone know if every person who enrolls receive the same exact coupons or can it differ? Anyone who's a member should fill me in.

This topic was edited
RE:Who's an AANR Member?

For the most part, clubs give a 10-15% discount on day fees if you are a member of TNS or AANR. Some might also give discounts in their restaurants or for overnight room rentals. I know we have gotten the discount at Club Orient, Cypress Cove, Sunny Rest, Laguna del Sol, Mountain Air Ranch and the three local New England clubs we go to (Berkshire Vista, Solair, and Sun Ridge). When we first joined AANR, I think we also got coupons good for our first day free at several of the big resorts (good for that year only). Since we've now been to most of the big resorts, I don't think we could use any new coupons anyway. We are members of a 100% travel club (Sunchasers). Everyone in the club has to be an AANR member, with the club listed on our membership cards.

The coupons didn't seem to be geographically based. I'm pretty sure Cypress Cove was one of them, and we don't live anywhere near Florida.

This post was edited

I am, joined right after our 1st nude visit. Any savings is better than none.

But more to the point, if you are a genuine/true nudist then you care about lobbying and legislation on the larger group's behalf.
Joining the support organization where you have a vested interest is always worthwhile. Even if you don't get a discount on your next hamburger.

But if you are thinking about joining the Naturist Society, as an either - or, or both, as an organization to support true nudists, then I offer this "for the good of the order".

I joined TNS last week, buying their try it first and see plan. I was very favorably impressed with the lady I talked to on the phone. She was knowledgeable about her products and services. She demonstrated a desire to be as helpful as possible. And she was just plain pleasant to talk to. I WILL RENEW when the time comes. And I received my first copy of The N, in about 7 days.

On the other side of the coin is the AANR. Right after joining, I had a question about the magazine, i.e., hardcopy, or softcopy or both.
I sent 1 email, waited, and sent a 2nd. I gave up on that and called. I got voice mail. I left a message, and waited. No response, so I called again and got voice mail again. left a message. 3 months later, I've never heard from them. I will NOT renew when the time comes.

This post was edited

We are, for us it's been worthwhile

This post was edited

We have been members for years. we just beleive we should support the only group that trys to help us. Yes we have used the discount at several other resorts. It sure make getting in easy, even if I'm by myself on work trips.

This post was edited

We are members and its always managed to pay for itself.

This post was edited