College nudist organization?

As most of us have probably experienced, it is not easy to find other nudists at school. I noticed that a lot of clubs at colleges stem from some kind of parent organization that manages them and helps them develop. What if there was some kind of college nudist organization that helps to found chapters of the organization at various schools? Ive seen a lot of stories here about how trying to advertise a nudist club by yourself simply does not work.

This topic was edited
RE:College nudist organization?

University of Florida has had a student nudist club for several years. Some colleges have clothing optional rules as well.

This post was edited

That's awesome it would be great getting younger people involved...

This post was edited

I wish my school had

This post was edited

Right!?

This post was edited

Thats really awesome ,wish it happened when i was in college !

This post was edited

If your school or community is lacking a nudist organization, stop lamenting and start creating. You don't even need clothes! It's easy and there are digital solutions to make running it a breeze. I just stepped away from one we resurrected here and am happy to help anyone who might want to take it on.

This post was edited

I would look for meetup groups in your area. If there isn't one, start one.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

A lot of schools will do one time naked events like a run or something. You could make fliers and try to get sign ups for a group. Or hell, just tell people you're throwing a naked party at your apartment and buy a bunch of paint and tarps. Worst case scenario you have art supplies.

This post was edited

Coming from my experience having worked for my old university's student activities office, a parent organization can help get your foot in the door, but universities desire to see more. We wanted proof that the potential club had enough interest, sustainability, was organized and would make a positive impact on the campus. Every semester, we had dozens of interest, lifestyle, and activities groups request to become an official university club. This stat is just off the top of my head, but 9 times out of 10, a group would be rejected because they did not demonstrate the factors I mentioned above. Here's what I would recommend to get an official campus club started:

1. Establish Roots - This is where most of the potential clubs fell short. We wanted to see consistent participation and growth. If it is just the same few people each event, the group would disappear as soon as they graduated and thus not worth the time and investment by the university. Start with regular unofficial get-togethers off campus or at a private location. See who is showing up. Are you attracting a dozen people or just the same four people each time? Are there new and different people at each get-together? Is your group expanding in numbers or losing people after each get-together? Keep detailed records of this. If your numbers are trending upward, you have proof that your group has interest and is sustainable.

2. Be Transparent - Do not be secretive about how your group operates. Have internal leadership. Have policies. Have regular events that are open to everyone. Have responsibility for your member's actions. Make this information available to anyone who desired it. When a potential group was vague of secretive, it was a big red flag.

3. Be Organized - Have a plan of action. Know how many times your group meets a semester, what you will be doing, how long it will last, where you will meet, and what resources are available to you. (Established, planned events also help bring in new members) Do not meet randomly or plan week by week.

4. Make a Positive Impact - What impact does your group have on the campus and local community? Does your group's image tarnish or praise the university's image? Will your group take part in university events or activities? Will the group attract potential students? We had an international food club at my university. (note that I say had). They were one of our largest clubs with some of the highest attended events. However, it was well known that they threw post-event, unsanctioned parties that resulted in numerous encounters with the local police, people getting hurt, and issues with the local community. Before something absolutely terrible happened, we stripped them of their funding, official status, and barred them from hosting events on campus. If your group can demonstrate and prove you will be a positive force on campus and will improve the image of the university, that is a big plus.

Becoming an official club on your campus will help grow nudism on your campus, but you have to start small and on your own first.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe