My Two Cents

What ever happened to this page promoting a social kinship naturists? Way too many times now I've been blocked by some person for doing nothing more than greeting them, welcoming them and wish them a pleasant day. No advancement...no innuendo....no hidden message....just the simple human kindness of saying hello....how are you? If certain folks are so insecure that they cannot engage in social conversation then, in my opinion they have no business on this page or to hold themselves out as a naturist. Our creed it to accept everyone with an open heart and mind....not prejudge anyone because of the actions of others. I have made many friends on this page, enjoy chatting with them and NEVER wish to offend others. I however find it extremely rude and offensive being blocked for doing nothing more than offering someone good will and good wishes.

This topic was edited
RE:My Two Cents

The sad reality of the internet, Dave; is that trolls torment people--some by using a friendly approach. People get sick and tired of them. Especially women. Then when they see someone of the same demo come along with a friendly outreach, they are just tired of the routine and so you get blocked.

It's a reflection of the anonymity of the internet, not the bias of nudists.

This post was edited

"No good deed goes unpunished," - Judge Judy.
Perhaps Judge Judy used that phrase, but it is older then her. It dates back to the late 1930's.

This post was edited

I'm in a 100% agreement with you on this one, as I have only written a few greetings and I have been blocked already!

This post was edited

I agree. I feel like Woody Allen, any discussion group that blocks me I wouldn't want to be part of anyway

This post was edited

I agree. I feel like Woody Allen, any discussion group that blocks me I wouldn't want to be part of anyway

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/groucho_marx_122546

This post was edited

There's another aspect of this that occurred to me today.

I read a post by another member here; someone who comments somewhat regularly and who, like me has been a member for quite some time. The note mentioned occasional visits to a certain region that was appealing to me. Something for my bucket list, and I thought I'd PM the other member to ask a question or two in a friendly manner.

When I went to do so, it indicated I'm blocked from contacting that member. I checked my (very limited) list of PM's and had none with that member. I don't recall ever having a dispute; in fact my impression of the member is positive. It leads me to believe that maybe it's because of my political positions.

We've had some great debates over the years in this forum, and I wonder if that member opposes my views and so; decided to preemptively block me.

Nudists are like any other people. We don't necessarily become more open minded when the clothes come off. It's a sad reflection of the world we live in.

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe