Naked pool parties.. so what?

https://www.phillyvoice.com/delaware-republican-mike-ramone-naked-pool-parties/

This topic was edited
RE:Naked pool parties.. so what?

Great that the writer of the article takes such a live & let live attitude. The headline writer, managing to put the name of a political party atop the article, seems to have been mongering the exact sort of scandal the writer of the article is objecting to.

This post was edited

It's actually a traditional conservative view to have a "live and let live" philosophy, and my neighbor is an example of that. It's the co-opting of traditional conservativism by religionist zealots which has damaged conservativism, probably beyond repair. I copied an example of the kind of comments from the bottom of the article linked to the above:

We all know what this group is about. They have naked events and people swing around with multiple partners. Now....not one single progressive should criticize anybody for this because progressives tell us this sort of thing is completely normal. The only thing that should bother anyone is knowing the next day when your kids swim team practiced at the pool they had to swim.....literally.....with the DNA of said progressive miscreant sub humans.

This is what non-landed groups face, this kind of brainless venom. Too bad for the group that lost their swimming pool, too bad for the business owner.

This post was edited

Well informative article of an event that individuals choose to attend and for all accounts behave like nudist do, respectful of each other. Too bad for the group. Gosh next thing will be that babies at hospital have to be born fully dressed!

This post was edited

Great that the writer of the article takes such a live & let live attitude. The headline writer, managing to put the name of a political party atop the article, seems to have been mongering the exact sort of scandal the writer of the article is objecting to.

Several of the area news sources have also taken a "so what" attitude. Glad to see that.

This post was edited

It's actually a traditional conservative view to have a "live and let live" philosophy, and my neighbor is an example of that. It's the co-opting of traditional conservativism by religionist zealots which has damaged conservativism, probably beyond repair. I copied an example of the kind of comments from the bottom of the article linked to the above:We all know what this group is about. They have naked events and people swing around with multiple partners. Now....not one single progressive should criticize anybody for this because progressives tell us this sort of thing is completely normal. The only thing that should bother anyone is knowing the next day when your kids swim team practiced at the pool they had to swim.....literally.....with the DNA of said progressive miscreant sub humans.This is what non-landed groups face, this kind of brainless venom. Too bad for the group that lost their swimming pool, too bad for the business owner.

I would hope that people who attended would begin a writing campaign with letters to the publishers of this kind of falsehood. After all, it is more likely that the kids who swim in that pool leave more DNA in the water than any nudist group.

This post was edited

There is this misconception of textiles that some how ... their swimsuits trap and capture all these impurities and body secretions that supposedly flow freely from nudists. The vast majority of nudists are hygiene conscientious and more so than the textile community that thinks they don't have to be because they wear underwear or they wear a bathing suit. In fact, I'd go as far to say that the textile community isn't nearly as hygiene conscientious because they have this skewed idea that none of their body secretions leave their swimsuits or get passed their underwear!

That was one of my firefighters misconceptions until another co worker and I, proved him wrong. It didn't change his mind about skinny dipping or getting into a hot tub naked with others but it did open his eyes to the fact that he was probably swimming and soaking in bodily secretions more times with those in swim suits than if they were nudists.

This post was edited

It's too bad these swim events are sooo hard to find a location. We luckily found a bnb with an indoor pool which our club uses twice a year, winter and fall.

This post was edited