Playa Del Ingles - Gran Canaria

Off to the sunny island of Gran Canaria, can anyone give advice on the do's and don'ts, and any recommendations of places of interest that are worth seeing, or any other activities worth trying out

This topic was edited
RE:Playa Del Ingles - Gran Canaria

You must go to the Yumbo centre,it has plenty of shops,resteraunts and different themed bars and shows,although they are primarily directed towards the gay community,all are welcome,and me being a straight guy have always felt safe when drinking in the not so gay themed bars there.Also if you do not wish unwanted attention then don't go far into the dunes area.

This post was edited

Seawillie- Hi, thanks for that. We've heard all about the dunes, so we'll probably not venture too far into them!!!! We staying close to the Yumbo Centre so we'll probably be eating there most night. Any recommendations on places to eat??

This post was edited

I always go half board and have only eaten out for a change of scenery as it were,so I couldn't advise you on a resteraunt,I suppose the best ones tend to be the full ones.

This post was edited

There are some nicer restaurants and shops in Meloneras. Its at the far side of the Faro lighthouse at the end of Maspalomas beach. Easy to reach by bus from Yumbo area of Playa del Ingles, although taxis are easier and quite cheap.

This post was edited

Hi .best restaurant is in YUMBO center and is called WAPA TAPA.

This post was edited

Windsor gardens in the yumbo is a great restaurant its up stairs on the second floor

This post was edited

Hi you seem to have done your homework regarding PDI,Most of the info you've been given seems pretty accurate,if your on the beach make your way to kiosk number eight.We've been six or seven times and absolutely love the place..We are there with some friends last week in April staying in the Abora Caterina hoping to meet up with friends old and new.
Be good. The Awesome Foursome.

This post was edited

Hi, I have also booked last week in April and first in May.
Will be at kiosk 8 most of the time during the day.

Will also be at Kiosk 4.

This post was edited

Have heard that Gran Canaria is nude tolerant even in many venues that are not officially designated as such.

This post was edited

So what's the best kiosk number to head to for mixed nudists? (Family's, couples etc..) Are hotel is located by the Yumbo centre

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe