RE:Warning: Nudism and Minors

Thanks for the heads up.

The minute someone admits to being a minor the conversation ends with me. It's just too risky in the US, even with just an innocent conversation.

This post was edited

I have to get certified. No reason to put it off. Again... Thank you for posting this

Oh paleeze your the dude in the chat room attempting to get me to act inappropriately. Quit with the holier than thou non sense.

This post was edited

I would never Skype with a minor. With or without dad's approval. There is no grey area for me on this.

This post was edited

If it's a sting , and someone gets busted for wanting to skype with a minor, they deserve it!One less creep on TN!
Its slightly weird that they didn't want to skype with other teenagers, but pretty dodgy if police are trying to trip people up. 16yo are old enough to know what they are doing, and even legal age in some countries.

This post was edited

In our massage school we have had a 17-year-old student; until her 18th birthday the school would not allow any of the male students to be her practice partner, even right there in the classroom - presumably because under the sheet she was stripped down to underwear. It's too bad that touch and nudity aren't socially well-defined enough to be permissible with all ages. But they aren't, and they're not; in a touch-deprived, body-negative society they're too charged with need, and all too likely to lead to real disruption and exploitation.

This post was edited

If I encounter minors here, I highly recommend to them to sign in another website that is better for them, I don't know if I can be blamed to talk about it but IYNO is a good forum for them.

This post was edited

I may be missing something here, but outside of the original post, most of the replies imply that we should just shun anyone younger than 18 altogether, which if you ask me seems to go against the idea of nudism entirely. I understand not wanting to video chat, due to the laws in the US, but regular conversations I feel should be pretty similar to those we have with people our own age. The last response even suggests sending them to a more "appropriate site. . ." Should this site not be the most appropriate for normalized, non-sexual nudism? I've noticed a trend when it comes to "kids" (Loosely used term since I don't really consider 17 year olds to be kids) where we treat them as outsiders to what is supposed to be an inclusive lifestyle. A lot of nudists tend to find it wrong for an adult to talk to a kid for more than a minute or so, but that doesn't seem to really take into account the nature of the conversation. And this is all despite the fact that most venues and genuine websites are advertised as family-friendly, so I guess that families must contain only adults now. I'll agree with the original post on it's main point, which is to remain vigilant and keep your wits about you when put in a potentially incriminating position. But I don't think we should further encourage the already expansive gap between the youth and the older generations, which, as we all know very well, is already a major issue in the upkeep of the nudist society as a whole.

This post was edited

I rarely ever use Skype, and even less so other IMs like ICQ or Yahoo! as really, what's the whole point? I have no issue with minors participating in real life nudism, but they should be kept well out of the cyberverse until they are 18. Same goes with textile kids. That includes not having a mobile phone or iPad or social media. They might have the technical savvy to use them, but they lack the maturity and wisdom to use them properly and carefully.

This post was edited

20 years ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. However, today, it is a serious issue to be spending any time at all with a minor who is not your blood relative (even then, it's a grey area). Someone states they are 16 and wants to nude skype with you? RUN!! Don't even ask what the kid's problem is.

I used to work with kids all the time at our church and at our nudist resort. I used to help the scouts and even my mom's girl scout troop. But not anymore. Everyone is just too weird about it, and there doesn't seem to be such a thing as innocently helping a child. No matter what, society will label you a weirdo and you lose everything if the kid has a bad dream and point the finger at you. There is no such thing as "innocent until proven guilty" with the way the progressives have it set up now. A kid lies and points a finger at you, they ruin you.

So, as a former youth instructor and counselor, I say to you: Stop helping kids. It's not your fault that it has to be this way. However, if you don't protect yourself, the litigious society will ruin you even though you are one of the good people.

This post was edited

JeepNude, that is the most accurate and sad thing ever. That's exactly how it's become with kids lately and it sucks because everyone wonders why kids are growing up the way they are without realizing that it's mostly our fault. If we want to raise an intelligent, competent generation in our stead, we need to interact with them in a way that encourages it. But it's like you said, if you spend more than a couple seconds with someone under 18, you're liable to get a record.

This post was edited