Childhood innocence.

While walking a Sri Lankan beach yesterday, a family came strolling from the other direction. Their child was nude and skipping along happily. No one cared at all. Too bad the parents and the rest of us could not be doing the same.

This topic was edited
RE:Childhood innocence.

At some point in time the child will no longer be free to be nude. I wonder when hat happens if it will be the child deciding they are embarrassed or the parents forcing the change? And at what age? Is there any culture left in the world where outdoor public nudity is routine and no issue at any age?

This post was edited

At some point in time the child will no longer be free to be nude. I wonder when hat happens if it will be the child deciding they are embarrassed or the parents forcing the change? And at what age? Is there any culture left in the world where outdoor public nudity is routine and no issue at any age?

Great question! I suggest you Google --- Naked Germany

This post was edited

I've seen it in the south of France too. The "cut off" age seems to be around 3-4; and a little later for people who frequent less populated beaches. Then it's usually just bottoms; girls are generally allowed to remain topless until they decide otherwise.
I don't know where people take their "cue" from that it's time to start putting on bottoms. Probably other people.

Finland is one of those countries that seem have no "cut-off" point.

This post was edited