New Latin Language Group

Hi. I'm starting a new group on this site called Lingua Latina. It's already been approved, so you can search for it on the groups page.
It's for those who are learning (or trying to learn) Latin-as well as those who already know it-to find each other and practice the language together.
If you're interested and are either one of the people I described, please join.

This topic was edited
RE:New Latin Language Group

I took four years of Latin in high school (9th - 12th school years for those outside of the US). Got pretty good at reading Latin and translating on the fly. Speaking is a little tougher. We were taught classical pronunciation from the Roman Imperial era, which differs from modern "church Latin" which sounds more like Italian. Not very useful after graduation, although it did help me learn some conversational Italian and French fairly quickly before trips to Italy and France. But even that had been mostly forgotten after a 10 year lapse before we went back to Italy last year.

This post was edited
RE:New Latin Language Group

The group is brand new, and there's only two members (including myself). If you're interested (especially if you're trying to relearn what you were taught in school), feel free to join.

Here's a link to the group:
https://www.truenudists.com/group/lingua-latina/

If you know anyone who would be interested, please let them know about it.

This post was edited