So I have a private group

I've got a private group. No one is supposed to be able to see posts or post that hasn't been approved by me. Yet there's been 2 responses to a post... Anyone have any ideas?

This topic was edited
RE:So I have a private group

There is a very simple answer. I just looked at your group and it's a public group-not private.

This post was edited

It is? I have to approve people... How can I change this?

This post was edited

I also can't delete comments in my own group although theres an x there to try.

This post was edited

It is? I have to approve people... How can I change this?

It is!

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

What the heck... Kay I've got requests to join the group... Anyone know how to contact TN and sort this out?

This post was edited

This may be another bug in the system. If I go to the group (as a non-member), I cannot see any of the posts, media, members, etc. If I go to your profile feed, I can see any post you've made or replied to, and reply to it. Anyone you've "friended" will see posts from you in their feed as well, and be able to reply. This will also apply to friends of members being able to see posts from the profile feed.

I noticed this with some groups that AndyDi has that I am not a member of as well.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

First off, TN doesn't have "private" groups in the sense that Facebook does.

This post was edited

First off, TN doesn't have "private" groups in the sense that Facebook does.

But it's still another in a long line of security issues on this site (One of which has *finally* been fixed). If I am not a member of a group, especially a private group that I must be accepted into by the owner (moderator), I should not be able to see messages posted in the group, let alone reply to them.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

First off, TN doesn't have "private" groups in the sense that Facebook does.But it's still another in a long line of security issues on this site (One of which has *finally* been fixed). If I am not a member of a group, especially a private group that I must be accepted into by the owner (moderator), I should not be able to see messages posted in the group, let alone reply to them.John aka cobeachbum

Agreed. You should be able to see the group exists but that's it.

I'm curious. What has been fixed?

This post was edited

Thats how its done. When people not in the group have a friend who is, they can see when they post to the group and reply that way.

This post was edited