RE:So I have a private group

Nothing on the internet is private.

This post was edited

The whole system needs updating and streamlined so there aren't any problems at all.

This post was edited

That means this site has NO private groups.
I understood.

This post was edited

Agreed. You should be able to see the group exists but that's it.I'm curious. What has been fixed?

Sorry, didn't see this until today. The major issue that has been fixed is how media marked "Certified Only" is handled. It is no longer viewable in the feed (at all I think), nor in the users media unless you are in fact certified.

There are still other major issues:

Media is not actually deleted from the media server when you delete it from your profile, only the link to it gets deleted.
The first media on each page in your profile is viewable via a simple HTML hack even if marked other than "Everyone".
There is no authentication on the media server. If you know (or guess) the file name, you can access the media even if not logged in.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Interesting you bring this up. Sometimes when I respond to a thread I get the feeling some of these are really from groups. We need a similar feature like on Facebook where we can control who sees what appears on our profile feed. That might eliminate unwanted posting from non group members.

This post was edited

Just a question? Why is it a private group, is it just for friends ?

This post was edited
  • [[USERNAME]] sent you a friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] said "[[OTHER]]"
  • [[USERNAME]] accepted your friend request
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your video
  • [[USERNAME]] commented "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] replied "[[OTHER]]" on your wall
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your profile
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your photo
  • [[USERNAME]] liked your video
  • Next Swipe Swipe