Saline Warm Springs News Update 5/9/18

Thanks AndiDi for photos. I don't know if my Jeep Compass can make the trip,or not,depends on the clearance on the dirt road but looks like a great hangout spot. Never been there but looks awesome scenic road trip. Found this new article write up today while doing an internet search. Respectfully nude,
Alfred

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/officials-end-hands-off-policy-for-offbeat-death-valley-hot-springs/

This topic was edited
RE:Saline Warm Springs News Update 5/9/18

Very interesting. Thanks for the post. I did not get to read it all yet but the alternatives were a good description of what they are planing. Comments are open until July 2nd. I encourage anyone interested to comment as it does make a difference. Many of these comments go with no comments.

The amazing thing about this place was the community that kept it up without government management for so long. I remember it haveing the cleanest park bathroom I have ever seen. And that is in the middle of nowhere. Im torn on this one. Even though they want to keep the most developed areas, part of me thinks they should not try to restore the other areas as that is part of the history now. But everyone should read it before jumped to conclusions. These are typically written balance of preservation and usage in mind.

This post was edited

Thanks AndiDi for photos. I don't know if my Jeep Compass can make the trip,or not,depends on the clearance on the dirt road but looks like a great hangout spot. Never been there but looks awesome scenic road trip. Found this new article write up today while doing an internet search. Respectfully nude,Alfredhttps://www.reviewjournal.com/news/officials-end-hands-off-policy-for-offbeat-death-valley-hot-springs/

Hmmmm ... depends from which direction you're heading to the hot springs. Your Compass will make it easily from the north entrance but only vaguely remember the road from the south entrance ... that's the road we came in on and we went out the north road. Not sure why I remember the drive out but not the drive in! :DDD

I never used 4WD at all on that drive.

This post was edited

Very interesting. Thanks for the post. I did not get to read it all yet but the alternatives were a good description of what they are planing. Comments are open until July 2nd. I encourage anyone interested to comment as it does make a difference. Many of these comments go with no comments.The amazing thing about this place was the community that kept it up without government management for so long. I remember it haveing the cleanest park bathroom I have ever seen. And that is in the middle of nowhere. Im torn on this one. Even though they want to keep the most developed areas, part of me thinks they should not try to restore the other areas as that is part of the history now. But everyone should read it before jumped to conclusions. These are typically written balance of preservation and usage in mind.

I understand and agree with fencing off the area to keep the Wild Burro out. While we were there, two adult and one young burro literally trashed a campsite! We ran them off but they returned a while later and continued their rampage. The campers left books, maps, lots of papers out on tables and if the burros hadn't gotten to them, the wind would have and would have blown them all over the desert. People that visit this place need to pay closer attention to keeping their belongings save and secure from the elements and wildlife.

We enjoyed the springs as it was but there are some locals and regulars that have become somewhat territorial. The place doesn't belong to them and people visiting don't abuse the place but some of these people get downright rude about voicing their opinions about "all the people coming there to use the place." I've wanted to go back but haven't had the chance this past year. Maybe some park rules, policies will find that balance you're speaking of. What I found that could lead to a problem or issues is the permanent encampments of people going out there to live. I'm sure this is one area that the park authorities are going to want to address.

This post was edited