RE:Single Men

Like your common sense and down to earth approach. Yes, take a good book, just be yourself and relax. Usually, fair minded people will just accept you for who you are unless you start behaving in some pervy manner. If no-one talks to you all afternoon, relax and enjoy the peace anyway. People are naturally curious and someone usually starts a conversation. If not, enjoy the views, the fresh air and that book!

This post was edited
ritRE:Single Men

I have had women start start start up a conversation about lots of things.Once I was reading a book and listening to Patsy Cline and a woman set down to enjoy my music.I was reading her favorite author and music.We talked for a long time.

This post was edited

I have had some of the same experiences that you have. Many of the random friend requests that I have received are from gay men. Occasionally, the random request is listed as a couple. Then I find that they are both bi and all I see are multiple pages of men in their friends list. Today, I received a request from a man that had 363 pages of friends .
My first intention on TN was to friend only people I have met. Then, I realized that I was limiting the number of people that I wanted to follow. There are people in the groups that I belong to that I have requested as friends. I have been turned down by some because I am a single male. On TN I find it much more difficult to break the single male barrier.
I have only been to a few beaches. While at the beach I have kept to my self. Making friends was not my priority.
At the couple of resorts I visit, l found making friends fairly easy. I get involved in activities like the volleyball game in the pool and some of the fun events during some of the bigger weekends. I have always been conscious of my single male status. So, I pay attention when I first get into conversations. I assume personal boundaries are larger than normal and I do not break that boundary. If I can I position myself so something is between us like a table or chair. Anything to increase comfort levels. Guys, gals or couples I use the same approach. It does not take me long to make it clear that I am not looking for anything more than good conversation. I believe I have a good group of friends at the resort that dont think twice about me being a single male.
I wish I had more friends on TN but that will come with time. I will keep looking for friends that I have something in common with to add to my friends list.

This post was edited

I appreciate NudistPig's approach. I'm not a member of TS, but I am a member of a gay men's nude / nudist website, which is structured to facilitate sexual hookups. My profile is the same, nonsexual, on both sites, and I find that the men (men, in particular) that I interact with are equally likely / unlikely to make sexual comments or overtures on this site, and on that one. This is pretty much regardless of whether the people are gay or straight IRL - which makes me think:

1. The association of nudity with sex runs pretty deep, particularly when one is a alone with a keyboard and a screen.
2. Men are idiots.

So Sarhen, don't say that guys think you're gay. They're just being kinda out there. and it's not about you. Don't let that make you afraid to participate.

This post was edited

Actually, I do think nudists are more accepting. I have found it easier to make social contacts in a nude setting than I have at the local pool. I have had the grandkids with me playing with their kids for an ice breaker of sorts.
In my previous post I did say online was a bit more difficult to make friends. And I understand that completely. The friends I have online are friends first then we keep in touch online. I like it that way.

This post was edited

One point it a lot of these female !!!!!!! profiles who don't want to befriend males, are most likely males looking for females as when you check the photos in most cases they are stolen from other sites, so are most likely are fake females and the best thing is when you look at these friends lists you see they are friends with other fake females.

This post was edited

When I first joined TN I tried to befriend a lot of people not understanding the protocol and single male stigma or the fake profile syndrome. I quickly learned that it is best to join groups, read blogs and respond in forums.

You really dont need a lot of friends if you are members of the same groups you can communicate through the group. If you are going to be traveling through the area of the group members, you can let them know and they may invite you for a visit or meet up at a club and become friends IRL.

I have not been social nude other than the bath house without my wife so I dont know what that is like yet but I was invited to a club in Florida when a friend heard I was going to be there. I couldnt get the time off so it didnt happen but I expect it will as I spend more time on TN.

This post was edited

I made a post about this months ago and still seems like nothing changed. Its hard being a single male nudist especially when your 25! I cant wait for the next generation of nudist(my generation) to come forward and replace others that are not accepting or stuck in there ways.I guess I will just have to wait another 20-30 years untill the nudist community is more welcoming to others.You think nudist are more accepting, yeah right lol.

It's you. Look first at how you are trying to engage with others man.

This post was edited

I appreciate NudistPig's approach. I'm not a member of TS, but I am a member of a gay men's nude / nudist website, which is structured to facilitate sexual hookups. My profile is the same, nonsexual, on both sites, and I find that the men (men, in particular) that I interact with are equally likely / unlikely to make sexual comments or overtures on this site, and on that one. This is pretty much regardless of whether the people are gay or straight IRL - which makes me think:1. The association of nudity with sex runs pretty deep, particularly when one is a alone with a keyboard and a screen.2. Men are idiots.So Sarhen, don't say that guys think you're gay. They're just being kinda out there. and it's not about you. Don't let that make you afraid to participate.

Lots of guys think I'm gay. I am. And you know what? My straight nudist beach pals like me just fine. That's because I wait to be introduced by their female friends, am friendly and confident, have a firm handshake and look him in the eye instead of his crotch. I firmly believe the problem is not nudists but single guys who don't have social skills and are sex focused to the point of being obvious and crude. And this is from a man who enjoys that aspect of life. Single men complaining here need to show some personal sophistication and care to the community. It's not an accident that the out gay dudes don't have this problem. Straight guys don't care if you are gay. They care if you are unable to manage yourself.

This post was edited

Oh, isnt this world lovely. Prejudice is everywhere, even within minorities. Reading the comments and explanations for the exclusion of single males is honestly upsetting. Lets not judge people for their gender and relationship status.

Instead, lets judge their actions as individuals. There certainly are creeps and con artists on TN, its the internet, theyre everywhere. Complete your TN profiles, post some photos, and keep your profile updated. These things show others your realness. Keep your pictures updated, and get certified, its easy.

And to all of those with prejudicial tendencies, if you get a friend request from someone, with a completed profile, and a little note, lets be kind. Check out the profile, and if you feel the person wouldnt fit in your friend circle, politely decline - heck, you dont even need to send a message. And if you per chance find that, hey, this single guy seems nice, lets chat or message and see if its a friend match.

You know, we fear nudism/naturism is dying out. Well, with these negative, exclusionary, prejudicial attitudes youre not fostering a welcoming environment to newcomers. We werent all raised nudist, we werent all born or raised with this in on the club. Naturism and nudism: Love nature, love your body, love and accept all bodies then for crying out loud, please accept others into nudism/naturism.

Dont worry, I fully support creeps and con artists need to be identified and blocked. Ive had my fair share send friend requests. We can do better folks!

This post was edited