RE:Single Men

I hear you. My profile says married, which I am ,but that turns women off too. I would love to have female friends. My profile even says no hookups! Yep. I hear you brother.

This post was edited

That can fixed by only dealing with certified members. I'm waiting for my approval now.

This post was edited

I think its like that in society in general. If you're a guy past 30 and still single, married couples and women think there's something wrong with you. Try being a single never married guy past 50...LOL When you're that age people assume you're either divorced or your spouse died. Same with 60 and up. Being the nudist type doesn't seem to win you any brownie points either. I've listed my pet peeves on similar threads in the past so I won't repeat myself much here.

This post was edited

Here is a question for all the single and lone males, why do you want to become online friends with the couples on here. What is the motivation behind that desire?

At the beginning of this thread I advised the OP to stick to the real world to make friends. We've made lots of friends on naturist holidays, usually through chatting at the pool bar. Never while on the beach.

Nationality, race, sexual preference, marital status, age, it doesn't matter to us, we will talk to anyone without discrimination. If we get on with people we become friends and keep in touch long after the end of the holiday.

We belong to other forums that are not naturist. Facebook, Twitter and a few gaming sites. We've never had random men ask to become friends on these other sites. The 'you look like a nice couple, can we be friends' just doesn't happen on them.

So why does it happen so often on a naturist website?

This post was edited

Here is a question for all the single and lone males, why do you want to become online friends with the couples on here. What is the motivation behind that desire?At the beginning of this thread I advised the OP to stick to the real world to make friends. We've made lots of friends on naturist holidays, usually through chatting at the pool bar. Never while on the beach.Nationality, race, sexual preference, marital status, age, it doesn't matter to us, we will talk to anyone without discrimination. If we get on with people we become friends and keep in touch long after the end of the holiday.We belong to other forums that are not naturist. Facebook, Twitter and a few gaming sites. We've never had random men ask to become friends on these other sites. The 'you look like a nice couple, can we be friends' just doesn't happen on them.So why does it happen so often on a naturist website?

I am not sure you are not taking the single male request too personally. Single women and couples are not the only profiles that get random friend requests.
I am a single male and I have received several random friend requests. A few from female profiles. Some from couples. Many are from male profiles. The male profiles are single male, male with partner, and male with nonparticipating spouses.
I treat all requests the same. I look at the profile to see if there is some reason for the request. I would rather friend people I have met. If I have not met them, maybe we are in common groups. Maybe, I have commented on a forum post of theirs. Or we could meet, I.e. at the resort I generally go to. I have turned down female, couples, and male profiles if I cannot find any of the above possibilities to friend them.
The difficulty that single males have is that people assume there must be some motive when there are females anywhere involved. In person I have found that to be an easy barrier to overcome when it comes to friendship. Online it is a little more difficult.
I have not sent lots of friend requests. When I do, I send a note with the request. I let the potential friend know why I am sending the request. There may be one of several reasons for my request. It could be that I have read posts in several areas and would like to follow that profile

This post was edited

Here is a question for all the single and lone males, why do you want to become online friends with the couples on here. What is the motivation behind that desire?At the beginning of this thread I advised the OP to stick to the real world to make friends. We've made lots of friends on naturist holidays, usually through chatting at the pool bar. Never while on the beach.Nationality, race, sexual preference, marital status, age, it doesn't matter to us, we will talk to anyone without discrimination. If we get on with people we become friends and keep in touch long after the end of the holiday.We belong to other forums that are not naturist. Facebook, Twitter and a few gaming sites. We've never had random men ask to become friends on these other sites. The 'you look like a nice couple, can we be friends' just doesn't happen on them.So why does it happen so often on a naturist website?

Good question to post, as it seems to be a common sentiment. Just food for thought from my newbie perspective:

I organize a specialty car club. I've made many friends - male, female, and couples - through it. I do often meet new people in person during our drives and events. However, when I see someone on Facebook for instance with one of these cars, I often reach out to them with a friend request and message as well (and yes, I just recently figured out that this site works differently & you don't necessarily need to friend someone to chat, which is nice). It all boils down to that common interest, which has often ended up with good friendships.

My fiancee isn't into it quite as much as I am, so sometimes we both may indeed hang out with another couple (or couples) whose friendship I made through the car group... and sometimes it's just me. There are times when just one of the other couples hangs out with us; times when she and another wife go off to do something together; and of course some drives where it's just me and a husband / other guys hanging out.

Nudism is just another interest that I enjoy, want to learn more about, and hopefully develop some like-minded friendships with others to enjoy it. However, none of the existing couples or anyone else we're friends with are nudists as far as I know. She is very supportive & encouraging, and has no hangups about being around others who are nude, but she's not personally interested in going nude anywhere right now. I haven't found any local places or groups yet for me to consider alone, but in my web search I found this site / group.

Believe me, just seeing some of the posts and messages I've already seen and received this past week on the site (yes, so far just from single men), I get it. I'm only here seeking platonic friends of like-minded interest though. So just as with my car group, as for me personally, I'm still hoping to find and make friends here: whether singles or couples.

This post was edited

So as effectively a single male (wife does not want to participate) I have found through the years that if you are genuine in your dealings with others and obey the standard nudist rules about behavior, you will ultimately be accepted by any others in the situation you are in, whether it be on forums like this or in real life nudist communities. Most people are wary of new single males at first but once they see you are a "true nudist" and there for a love of nudism you will be OK. I understand and accept that. Still would love for my wife to change her mind about nudism but that's a topic for a different forum.

Jeff

This post was edited

This subject is interesting. Guy I know from our nudist resort we belong to experience on a recent trip to another resort that he was denied entry as that resort had a limit to number of singles been there per day. I first was like shocked especially when our resort vouched for him as a member and that he is married not single. Still that resort said no, his wife was not there so he is single. I was more taken back at his status than the quota rule. As a private place, they have the right to set their rules. Our club has rules from food/drink in pool area to that you have to be nude, no clothing optional. That is our way but should we change to allow a couple to attend if wife wants to be with hubby but dressed? No. It's our rules..go elsewhere. We dont have a singles limit and every week many singles visit, married and single. We welcome everyone, help them feel comfortable and some say that we do a better job of it than other local resort and enjoy the fact all have to be nude. To me personally, why go to a nude place to be clothed? Some may say to get adjusted to be nude, well best way is to be nude, right?
Now about been welcome as been a single on here. Why r you on here? Are you sure of that? How am I to know why you are here when you don't fill out your profile and fill all of it. Some have a few lines and say "looking for like minded" individual. How is anyone to know what like minded means to you when you don't state who you are and what your views and interest are in nudism. Before I make any complaints of anything I look critically at myself to insure that I've done all I can. Another area is what kind of pics do you have in your media. Are they nude? How many? It all comes down to what your communicating on your profile. Yes peeps will have preset ideas of what singles are, it is your responsibility to prove them wrong. We can only control ourselves not others. Some have this thing about job or status in community. Ok, then make you pic for friends or certified members only. So by sending a FR, once they accept they can see nudes. Are you certified? Why not? It's free and just two pics. And you can even post them to your media if you wish, it's not required. What groups are you members off? Yes, some wont like it that you belong risky group, again it goes back to what you are communicating. I know for a fact that my wife would question why I have a "friend" that is member of some groups on here.

As you can read, it is your responsibility to communicate, be straight forward or as they say now "transparent". I can say that my views are mine and spelled out on my profile. I've gotten many msgs saying how refresing it is to see where I stand. It also has brought many to talk about subjects most would not talk with others about since I have it on my profile. When I do meet individuals, they find I'm the same. If wife don't go with me and I cant find bud to join me, I go alone. It is the same way I handle situations in person. I look at non verbals, how they handle their way. Guy not looking at my face but at privates, is that really necessary? Ok yes men compare, fine but a glance but not a mind thinking of my size.

This not a prefect place, no place is. It is up to you to make efford to communicate who you are. Not for anyone else try to figure you out or read between the lines. If you make a FR, send a msg also writing why you sent FR. You may then seldom get a refusal. But again it goes back to what you communicate on your profile, which more than 120 charactors.

This post was edited

Hello gents. Just thought Id chime in as a single man myself and being new to the site. Always up to making new friends.

This post was edited

I can tell you exactly why I have sought out friendships with couples just as I have with single men and women. I live in the most diverse city in Colorado and actively seek relationships with all types of people. I am the only single person in my neighborhood as well as one of the few single people in my workplace, and as such a good deal of my friendships are with couples - so why would I not seek out the same diverse relationships in nudism that I do when I am not in nudists settings? I hate to say it but I believe the reason couples shun single men is that the couples who states that they are nudists but don't associate with single males are unable to separate nudism from sex. They won't accept a single male as a friend to their partnership either because they do not trust the single male or they don't trust themselves (either singularly or together) for the relationship to not be sexual. Most nudist couples think that the sanctity of marriage makes it safe for interactions between couples but somehow think a single man is intent on disrupting the relationship or is incapable of not doing so. It's even more frustrating based on the number of couples that will interact with other couples or single women, because we all know that couples never cheat and that women would never cross a line.

I for one am really saddened by being singled out and segregated solely because I have not been able to find the perfect mate - it's like being told to stand in the corner. Couples who openly segregate this way being True Nudists? I think not...

This post was edited