RE:Single Men

So as effectively a single male (wife does not want to participate) I have found through the years that if you are genuine in your dealings with others and obey the standard nudist rules about behavior, you will ultimately be accepted by any others in the situation you are in, whether it be on forums like this or in real life nudist communities. Most people are wary of new single males at first but once they see you are a "true nudist" and there for a love of nudism you will be OK. I understand and accept that. Still would love for my wife to change her mind about nudism but that's a topic for a different forum.

Jeff

This post was edited

This subject is interesting. Guy I know from our nudist resort we belong to experience on a recent trip to another resort that he was denied entry as that resort had a limit to number of singles been there per day. I first was like shocked especially when our resort vouched for him as a member and that he is married not single. Still that resort said no, his wife was not there so he is single. I was more taken back at his status than the quota rule. As a private place, they have the right to set their rules. Our club has rules from food/drink in pool area to that you have to be nude, no clothing optional. That is our way but should we change to allow a couple to attend if wife wants to be with hubby but dressed? No. It's our rules..go elsewhere. We dont have a singles limit and every week many singles visit, married and single. We welcome everyone, help them feel comfortable and some say that we do a better job of it than other local resort and enjoy the fact all have to be nude. To me personally, why go to a nude place to be clothed? Some may say to get adjusted to be nude, well best way is to be nude, right?
Now about been welcome as been a single on here. Why r you on here? Are you sure of that? How am I to know why you are here when you don't fill out your profile and fill all of it. Some have a few lines and say "looking for like minded" individual. How is anyone to know what like minded means to you when you don't state who you are and what your views and interest are in nudism. Before I make any complaints of anything I look critically at myself to insure that I've done all I can. Another area is what kind of pics do you have in your media. Are they nude? How many? It all comes down to what your communicating on your profile. Yes peeps will have preset ideas of what singles are, it is your responsibility to prove them wrong. We can only control ourselves not others. Some have this thing about job or status in community. Ok, then make you pic for friends or certified members only. So by sending a FR, once they accept they can see nudes. Are you certified? Why not? It's free and just two pics. And you can even post them to your media if you wish, it's not required. What groups are you members off? Yes, some wont like it that you belong risky group, again it goes back to what you are communicating. I know for a fact that my wife would question why I have a "friend" that is member of some groups on here.

As you can read, it is your responsibility to communicate, be straight forward or as they say now "transparent". I can say that my views are mine and spelled out on my profile. I've gotten many msgs saying how refresing it is to see where I stand. It also has brought many to talk about subjects most would not talk with others about since I have it on my profile. When I do meet individuals, they find I'm the same. If wife don't go with me and I cant find bud to join me, I go alone. It is the same way I handle situations in person. I look at non verbals, how they handle their way. Guy not looking at my face but at privates, is that really necessary? Ok yes men compare, fine but a glance but not a mind thinking of my size.

This not a prefect place, no place is. It is up to you to make efford to communicate who you are. Not for anyone else try to figure you out or read between the lines. If you make a FR, send a msg also writing why you sent FR. You may then seldom get a refusal. But again it goes back to what you communicate on your profile, which more than 120 charactors.

This post was edited

I have recently fallen into this group, the "Single Man." My wife of almost 52 years passed away in January of this year. TrueNudist now classifies me as single, which is true, but maybe there should be the classifications of widowed and/or widower.

I have been a nudist since I was 11 y/o, my wife accepted my lifestyle when we married and we were actively involved in the lifestyle, raising our son as a nudist. We have had many, many friends and family that enjoyed the lifestyle with us. Since we live in a very secluded area and were able to have an active nudist life with all of these friends and family on our farm. We only went to a very few nudist resorts, of which the one we went to the most still does accept me even though I am now "single."

Being a straight, Christian, now "single male" seems to work against me when I try to make a friend request on here. I look at an individual's profile and when I see interests that are similar to mine and send a request many times it is rejected and I feel it is because I am listed as a "single male."

Yes, my old friends and family, who are still around still accept me in their circles, but I would like to make some new friends through this site.

This post was edited

Hello gents. Just thought Id chime in as a single man myself and being new to the site. Always up to making new friends.

This post was edited

I can tell you exactly why I have sought out friendships with couples just as I have with single men and women. I live in the most diverse city in Colorado and actively seek relationships with all types of people. I am the only single person in my neighborhood as well as one of the few single people in my workplace, and as such a good deal of my friendships are with couples - so why would I not seek out the same diverse relationships in nudism that I do when I am not in nudists settings? I hate to say it but I believe the reason couples shun single men is that the couples who states that they are nudists but don't associate with single males are unable to separate nudism from sex. They won't accept a single male as a friend to their partnership either because they do not trust the single male or they don't trust themselves (either singularly or together) for the relationship to not be sexual. Most nudist couples think that the sanctity of marriage makes it safe for interactions between couples but somehow think a single man is intent on disrupting the relationship or is incapable of not doing so. It's even more frustrating based on the number of couples that will interact with other couples or single women, because we all know that couples never cheat and that women would never cross a line.

I for one am really saddened by being singled out and segregated solely because I have not been able to find the perfect mate - it's like being told to stand in the corner. Couples who openly segregate this way being True Nudists? I think not...

This post was edited

I for one am really saddened by being singled out and segregated solely because I have not been able to find the perfect mate - it's like being told to stand in the corner. Couples who openly segregate this way being True Nudists? I think not...

I Agree Kevin that we tend to lump "Single Men" into the pervert category. Not just couples on TN but also at nudist venues. What I hear people and venues say is that it is always a single male that causes the problems and so they decide that they wont even entertain them.

For me the problem is when I want to visit a venue and in reading their policies, I find that I cant visit without a female or being a vetted member of another club.

This post was edited

Unfortunately all single men end up bearing the burden of inappropriate behavior by some "single" men. It is frustrating but totally understandable. Some of the stuff that guys post in comments on womens profiles is simply shocking to me. Because thosnsite like most online spaces has a level of anonymity that theses folks hide behind it is hard for a guy who is on the up and up to be seen beyond the crap. I am the editor of a very well regarded online naturist magazine and have been involved in social nudism for near a decade but I am still regarded with skepticism here. I dont like it but I understand it because many of the safeguards presence in the real word to protect women and weed out the creeps dont exist in online space and efintiely not here.

Having said that it is a bit annoying to have people with a couple profile visit my profile and view only to see them announce "NO SINGLE MALES CONTACT US" when I visit their profile. Just recent one such "person" with a couples profile requested to be added as my friend. I obliged though we had not had much communication. I visited their profile a couple times after as they did mine. I liked a pic and shared innocent comments only to be blocked. So there you go they requested to b friends not me but then they block. I suppose I could be upset but life too short and I know what I am about so I move on.

Lastly I think there are some cliques on this site that can make it hard to make friends. Truth is it has been that way from the very beginning of the site, it just human nature I suspect. So in the end all you can do is just be respectful to people and see if folks accept you or not. If not its not worth it

This post was edited

I have to admit I had not considered being a single man to be an issue when it comes to naturism but I can see where a few bad apples may spoil the barrel for the rest. Private venues should look at other approaches than blanket banning singles.

As for here on TN, I don't care about the relationship status or sexual orientation of anyone that reaches out to me. Single or not, gay or something else - it's all good. I'm looking for like-minded good people, period.

If an individual or couple doesn't want friends that are single, I'm happy to move on. Better friends will be around the next corner.

This post was edited

I am a single nudist male and I can see where you are coming from. The first time I went to a nudist resort alone I was super apprehensive about people thinking I was some sort of weirdo cause I was alone. By a stroke of luck I was in a cabin next to a couple (guy was nudist, woman wasnt) and immediately struck up a conversation and became camp buddies. I quickly realized that if you simply take out the not wearing clothes aspect its just like meeting new people anywhere else. Its actually easier because there are no preconceptions and these new people you are meeting already have something in common :) just be yourself. Also I find that waiting for someone to come talk to you is a waste of time. If you wanna get in that pool volleyball game etc, go ask to join! Most people feel way more comfortable around someone that wants to be part of the group. Thats just my observation. Just be personable. All you can do. :)

This post was edited

I feel your pain, man. I have great trouble making friends even in the "textile world" and trying to find other nudists while under the stigma of being a single man just compounds it.

This post was edited