RE:JO and roommates 2

Soupie;

I used to teach school. Teachers are under great pressure to cover material and get standardized test scores up. Boys who need activity require effort and work to keep them engaged. Pills are easier. A teacher can ask for a psychiatrist to consult, the boy takes pills and he requires less stimulation to keep his interest. The pills are easier.

It is the testes that in utero influence the development of the brain and other organs and continue to influence the development and functioning of the boys' bodies to be male. Of course, the colloquial term for testes is "balls". They are the reason the boys tend to have so much activity. If as the Esquire article says, "normal boys" are diagnosed, I am sarcastically saying the cause of their "problem" is there balls.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a32858/drugging-of-the-american-boy-0414/

A few excerpts with emphasis added by me:

"And on this, too, everyone agrees: That among those millions of diagnoses, there are false ones. That there are high-energy kids normal boys,

That among the 6.4 million are a significant percentage of boys who are swallowing pills every day for a disorder they don't have.

And overall, of the children in this country who are told they suffer from attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, two thirds are on prescription drugs.

"

Of course it is rediculous to say the problem with them is their "balls". I was trying to phrase it in a way that should be rediculous in order to call attention to this serious problem. Of course, boys, whose bodies are designed divinely or via evolution have wonderful bodies and that includes their balls.

This post was edited

It has nothing to do with the thread, but at the moment I teach. I have ADHD myself. Paradoxically enough, it helps my teaching: when I am bored with what I teach, I assume they are too. So I take a step back, and involve them more, by asking questions, cracking a joke, taking a short break, showing a video, etc. I have seen many young female students being as bored as I am, although it seems that they manifest it more subtly, by disengaging, retreating into a more inner exciting world, or chatting with their friends. I have a small sample, and I am sure I am overgeneralizing. In any event, it would be good to continue this conversation via private messages, always happy to chat about ADHD.

This post was edited

SebBaas
I stated:

"Don't get me wrong, there are those I have met who really have ADHD. When they do, the mnedicines are wonderful."

Soupie had posted: "RE:JO and roommates 2

At the same time, can we not cast the psychiatric profession as a curse to mental health with their diagnosis and medication. I have bipolar disorder. If it wasn't for good doctors, treatment, and medication, I would not be alive today."

I was responding to him.

This post was edited

I just miss the stories. I hope those come back.

This post was edited