Lot 5 parking

How many cars can park in lot 5? And are the people that park there mostly nudists?

This topic was edited
RE:Lot 5 parking

I think about 20 cars, though not sure. At least 2 handicap spaces. It is mostly nude use, but there will always be some fishermen, especially early in the morning. Clothing optional section is south of the ramp.

This post was edited

The last time I went to Apollo was in June 2017. At that time I noticed clothed fisherman on the sand very close to the ramp area and yet there were nude people further North of them in the direction facing Lot 4. Is this common?

This post was edited

I heard someone say there are 31 parking spaces at let 5 but I never have counted them. I've seen as few as two but as many as six fishermen taking up spaces and they get there early. Unofficially lot 4 takes up overflow when lot 5. The rangers never have said anything but it's best if you have to park at lot 4 go at least half way down south towards lot 5 far away from textiles. Just use common respect and good judgement.

This post was edited

Just looked at the satellite and there are 31 spots including the 2 handicapped spots.
Looks like 7 cars parked across the street at the lagoon.

This post was edited

Thanks for the research csnipwb

This post was edited

So odd. I have only been to Apollo once this year and that was on a Wednesday about 3 weeks ago. I got a parking space and spent the entire day there. However, I was surprised at how few nude people were at the beach compared to past visits last year. There was NO one down toward the end like in the past and hardly anyone walked down that way. Where has everyone gone?

This post was edited

Maybe this rainy weather has scared people off. I think most of the storms and showers are later on in the afternoon, though. The forecast looks like rain every day this week. I hope to get down one day this week but I'll be there early before bad weather gets there hopefully.

This post was edited

I went last Friday. Got there around 9 am and got the second to last parking spot. Wonderful day at the beach. Lots of people walking up and down the beach. It's so freeing being at a nude beach without the constraints of a bathing suit.

This post was edited