Washington State - camping last weekend

My wife and I camped at Cottonwood Campground at the end of Forest Road 51 in Wenatchee National Forest, last weekend. We arrived about 9 pm Friday and left Sunday about 11 am. There was initially only one other site occupied - by motor home, about a quarter mile away; we were intentionally at the furthers campground. We got naked that evening (it was in the 80's) and stayed that way almost all the time until we left. There was a ranger cabin across the river from us; we could occasionally see someone walking around through dense tree cover but they never came to our site nor down to the river where they could see us.

We did put on minimal clothes (a top and shorts) to walk to the water pump and restroom, and to drive to the trailhead 1/4 mile away. On Saturday, we hiked about 4 1/2 miles to Myrtle Lake - there were only two other cars at the trailhead. About 1 1/2 miles in, my wife took her top and sport bra off and suggested I could hike nude with a light top tucked into my backpack's waist belt so I could flip it down as a loincloth if we meet anyone. (I've done this before hiking in Hawaii on the Palalau Trail and in Idaho's Bitterroot Wilderness, among other places.)

We never did meet anyone and at some point my wife took her shorts off too, and we hiked nude all the way to Myrtle Lake; skinnydipped and ate lunch, and hiked all the way back to the car nude - no one at the trailhead so we put our shorts and tops back on at the car after stowing our packs.

Almost no bugs, hot sunny weather - perfect!

Of course as soon as we got back to the campsite the clothes came back off.

This topic was edited
RE:Washington State - camping last weekend

Sounds like it was a great outing!

This post was edited