RE:Are you fearful of people finding your TN profile?

Not for a single moment. I am proud to be a nudist!

This post was edited

Not for a single moment. I am proud to be a nudist!

It isnt a matter of pride, but for the last twenty years or so, Ive had jobs where it would be a problem. I was open about it at two tech companies I worked at in my twenties, and I got some ribbing from some supervisors and coworkers. It wasnt a problem, but I saw where it could be.

This post was edited

Not for a single moment. I am proud to be a nudist!It isnt a matter of pride, but for the last twenty years or so, Ive had jobs where it would be a problem. I was open about it at two tech companies I worked at in my twenties, and I got some ribbing from some supervisors and coworkers. It wasnt a problem, but I saw where it could be.

Exactly!

I am and have always been more open about our nudist lifestyle than my wife. She had concerns about this info getting out at work and with co workers, students, friends and family that are too narrow minded to understand our way of life. For some of us that have willing and participating partners in nudism, we must consider their feelings about how much of this information is shared. Some nudist men are not in this alone and we should consider the negative consequences of being a nudist can have on our willing partners if that info is shared with the wrong people.

This post was edited

To be honest, never really thought about it. I keep my personal life private, as I really have nothing in common with my co-workers. I know this from previous conversations with them and overhearing their conversations with others, which isn't difficult when you work in a cube farm.

This post was edited

An hour ago I asked my wife to look at something on my laptop (computer). My TN profile page was slightly viewable and she saw it before I had a chance to remove it. She wanted to see it. I asked if she was sure, and she was adamant. I knew she was not mad about me having the account, as she knew I belonged to a nudist site. She was curious and thought the pixelated crotch on my profile photo was a good touch, as she said I can't be accused of using "dick pics." She read the profile and enjoyed it, especially given a lot has to do with her!

This post was edited

I had the same concerns as many do when I first entered into the lifestyle. Fearful, almost petrified of anyone finding out as I thought I was some kind of an anomaly. After being here for the past 9 months I realize just how normal this lifestyle is and how there are so many other people, if they only understood and tried it would realize the freedom and the liberating feeling that comes from living the way I do now.
My wife was on TN for a short time. She felt the need to get off because she was receiving so much inappropriate communication. I was very disappointed that's so many creeps chased her away. For a time she really enjoyed it. We were friends with each other so she saw everything about me, what I post And what I believe life should be like. I'm very appreciative that I have a woman who gets me.
So I don't really care who finds out now. I'm living a life that feels so normal and natural that I'm willing to accept whatever comes along with it.

This post was edited

First post! *yea*

In a way I am fearful and in other ways I almost don't care. It is a bigger step for my wife since this is her first "public" viewing, if you will. In fact, we have our favorite place down a single lane dirt road in the middle of a wind farm where we photograph storms. I tend to hang out nude there where my wife does not. Part of it is that I am a lot quicker getting covered up if the one of two cars a day go down that road. We took our certification photos there and she was quick to cover up once we got our pictures. So, moreover we are fearful that the judge in our county may not understand! :D

As I get older I care less. My parents are still alive and in their 80's but I think they would think it's kind of cool, if they knew.... Well, I think they have an idea since I've done several things in the nude since I was young. I believe I've been "caught" a few times by them.

But we are talking about the here and now. I would love nothing more but to exclaim our love for being nude in nature and at home all over Facebook. I think a majority of my friends would think it to be cool, but some may chastise the "activity". Really, if that is how they will be, I may not want them as a friend. My wife and I are conservative, but we are open minded and seek others who are similar. So, a lot of our connections in the social cyber world are those who care not of who you are, they like you regardless.

But, there is that "Professional" side of everyone. If the company knew you were a nudist, they would have to fire you to keep their reputation. So, I do have to keep some controls. I tested TN's privacy settings 100 ways to Sunday before I posted full body shots. I did not put our last name or initial. But if someone finds us and says something, then I'll just have to ask what their account name is so we can be friends! :)

Honestly, I hope someone on here recognizes us so we know who amongst us are closet nudists. I have my ideas of who I know that may "hang-out" with us if they knew. But short of posting on Facebook asking who loves being nude non-sexually, I guess the search may be a long one. But, I have liked a few nudist related pages on Facebook, along the way, knowing full well that it would show up in people's news feeds. So far nobody has said anything. But then again, some of these pages may look inert from the outside. LOL

This post was edited

In some ways I hope people will find my TN profile, and comment on it. That way I know we have something in common.

Great answer.

This post was edited

I am very concerned. I think there are some misconceptions about naturism/ nudism that my friends, family, and professional affiliations have and I've always lived in fear of it. I think if I told some friends I went to a nude beach or something they would think I was risky or edgey. However, I think if I told them about my naturist values they would think of me as a freak or a pervert.

I only recently opened up about all of this to my wife and thankfully she's been really supportive. In fact, we're planning our first trip to a naturist resort together and she's really excited about it. She's fine with me being nude in our house and wants to go be nude with me in appropriate public settings. I still won't post anything personal about it online that can be traced back to me though. Maybe one day things will change, but for now I still do live in fear of being known as a naturist.

This post was edited

Well, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.....

So, to tie off of my previous reply to this thread, we have been signed up on TN for five days now. I have a slew of pics I have posted of my wife and I enjoying life in the nude (Still waiting on the mod to approve them, though). This morning I was paging through the Illinois members to see if I recognize anyone.... Yep, the list was sorted by login time and just two spots above us is a couple we are friends with!

Now, mind you. I know that they will possibly see this post and I won't call them out (in a good way) but my wife and I had a bit of a suspicion in the five or six years we've known them. They are good people! I am delighted to see someone I know here.

But now the awkward part, I just cannot seem to hit that friend button. I mean it is like coming out to your family! Plus, I feel like I'd embarrass them by announcing that we know they are nudists, too! LOL So, hopefully they see this and hit that button for me! Of course, it may take a day or two but maybe I'll hit the button and break the proverbial ice.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy