Voyeurism

I wanted to discuss a blurry line for myself with nudism and sexuality. Part of what I enjoy so much about being a nudist is being able to see other men naked. This is clearly voyeurism but isn't necessarily a sexual voyeurism, but rather an intense appreciation/fascination. Of course, sometimes this leads to arousal or sexual exploration with other nudists who consent. I wonder if anyone else feels this push and pull of desire of wanting to see other men naked - not always in a sexual or erotic way - but just to be able to gaze and stare without fear of judgement. And furthermore how that fits into a nudist lifestyle as both platonic non-sexual experiences and as an entry point to sexual exploration.

This topic was edited
RE:Voyeurism

I agree. It's been somewhat similar. Growing up, I loved hanging out in the locker room after a swim, not for sexual gratification, but for what could be called an intense fascination with the naked human form. I think that persists to date. It may not necessarily be sexual arousal but it feels gratifying to be in the company of other naked individuals and yes, I guess that rush looking at them can be termed as voyeurism. Like you said, with the consenting individual it might lead to further exploration. But I do enjoy it in all its forms

This post was edited

I would say the key words here are respect and mindset.
I couldn't agree with you more. I have been hanging out nude a lot with my flat mates, for instance, and I never felt uncomfortable or disrespected. It is about listening to the other's boundaries, co-creating a safe space, and being comfortable with oneself, while being non-judgmental with the other.

This post was edited

Agree that looking is fine as long as you act with respect.

This post was edited

I couldn't have put your views of voyeurism any better. That is exactally how I feel. I absoutley love the naked male body, it's art in my eyes and I long to look at and sometimes touch it(when appropriate)in admiration. On a personal note I was disappointed you didn't have any nude pics in your profile pics. Would love to admire you naked!

This post was edited

I think what you're describing is "sensuality." It's obviously quite sensual to be naked around other naked people, especially in nature, in a way that simply feels very different than being in clothes. It's amazing.

This post was edited

I too have an interest in glancing at other guys in various states of undress: if clothed, then the chance to see muscle tone, a glance at the abs if the shirt rises, a bulge. Shirtless: treasure trail, chest, and a glimpse of underarm hair. Naked? To observe how they move and play, or as they lay naked in the sun, beads of sweat forming. And to compare what "they've got." It's natural. :)

This post was edited

for me it is part also of nudist, being naturally naked, but also be watched or watching and admire naked men. of course with respect. it can be to congrats also anotherguy for his body or body parts. doesn t mean sexual views. but can be sensuality. the way you look makes it all

This post was edited

Interesting comments.

I personally believe it is very natural to admire another naked body. Many guys work hard in the gym and appreciate positive feedback. It is not only natural it is hoped for by many of the guys being admired.
Watching a beautiful man relaxing on the beach for example can be incredibly sensual.

Yes nudity teaches body acceptance in all its shapes and forms which is wonderful. But those of you that gym really hard know how appreciated positive feedback on your body can be.

Complimenting a man on the beach or at the gym on an incredible butt, for example, is not automatically sexual.

This post was edited

I like to look at both male and female and be looked at . I don't think it's sexual I just like the naked figure what ever colour and shape and size , it's just a body we all have the same bits

This post was edited

I am a nudist because I love being nude. I love doing things nude.

Getting to see other people nude is a benefit. Yes I love looking at both men and women nude. Call it what you will but I get arroused looking at women who are clothed or naked. If they are sexy, it doesnt matter what they wear.... I will be aroused and that doesnt mean I get a hard on.

This post was edited