When did you know you were a nudist

I was 11 years old when I started , with the neighborhood boys , we used to run around the woods naked we just loved to do it as much as possible never sexual just enjoy taking our clothes off. what was your first experience ?

This topic was edited
RE:When did you know you were a nudist

I was fascinated by my encyclopedia that contained articles about the ancient Greek Olympics which were done nude. I was probably 7. Never looked back.

Jeff

This post was edited

Born in to it. My family was clothing optional. I opted for none most of the time, and that was fine. Didn't exactly know we were "nudists" until a friend of my parents was visiting once and made a comment about all of us being nudists.

This post was edited

When I was about six or seven I started exploring nudity. But I didn't really conceptualize at the time that I had a "nudist thing" going on. All I knew was that I really loved being naked. And my Mom shut me down pretty quickly when she found out I spent most of my time in my bedroom naked; which made me feel that there was "something wrong" with me enjoying nudity. So I hid.

It would take a few years before I had my "eureka" moment. After trying the nude beach and nudist resorts, I decided to try social nudity. I was invited to a non-landed club get-together by some people I had met online. It was later that evening, as I was chatting with the hostess in the hot-tub, that I thought for the first time: "I think I'm a nudist!" We were both naked, chatting away like two old friends, with no shame or hang-ups about socializing naked. I felt so comfortable and at peace that I knew that was how I wanted to live my life. After that day I knew I was a nudist.

This post was edited

Don't know if I can say I know when I knew I was a nudist by terminology. But I knew at around age six I liked to be naked and sleep naked. But when I was caught by my mother it was banned in the house. But I would swim naked in the creek swimming holes and run like Indians through the woods nude with friends and cousins when I was younger.

This post was edited

I knew I was a born nudist at around 12 even though I only formally paraded around the house at 14.
I recall at the age of 12 cycling to a quiet and hardly used field in my neighborhood and spending afternoons there nude.
I would also deliberately "forget" my Swimming costume when going to the local pool just to have an excuse to swim nude.
This went on while being entirely comfortable and not concerned with what people would think. Fortunately at 14 mother sat me down and after a good talk, I no longer had to go far and would grow up being allowed to be nude in the house too.

This post was edited

When I was 12, started sleeping nude and hanging out nude in my room. Parents were very conservative re: nudity and freaked out, so I had to go very stealth. Started skinny dipping soon after, usually sneaking away or taking trunks off in the water! Introduced wife to it 10 years ago, been a long process getting her comfortable, but working well for us both these days.

This post was edited

In my 40s when I realised that nudity was about freedom and not sex. I was a slow learner with no role models!

This post was edited

Around 18-19. I'd already been spending lots of time naked at home, sleeping naked consistently since 14. But it wasn't until I joined the Navy and was on board my ship that I was befriended by a seasoned sailor and nudist himself. He brought me magazines from home. I began to realized that I was one of those people in the magazine!

He told me about a nude beach near where our ship was stationed and after my first trip to that beach, I was hooked on being naked around lots of others that enjoyed being the same way. At the ripe ol' age of 20, my wife and I were married and she began living as a nudist as well. We were home/patio/backyard nudists for 20 years but she decided to visit a local nude beach with me and the rest is history. Nudists for over 45 years and social nudists for over 25 years!

This post was edited

I read about it when I was 17. There was a resort 30 miles from us. My parents never did nude. Though it wasn't until 1999 that I joined aanr and 2001 went to a resort in Texas. I did a vacation when I was 18 with a classmate. I splet naked every night didn't wear underwear the whole trip

This post was edited

I grew up in the country and our property was mostly wooded. At 10 years old I built a fort out in the woods. In the mornings I'd go out into the woods to play. At noon my mom would call me in for lunch and I'd come in naked. She would ask where my clothes were and I'd tell her they were out in the woods. She would then go out and have to find my clothes, which didn't make her real happy. She told me she didn't have a problem with me running around naked but when dad got home I'd have to at least have shorts on, which she made sure I did. It got to the point that my mom would get me breakfast in the morning and then send me out naked to play in the woods, that way she didn't spend time looking for my clothes. As I grew older and stopped playing out in the woods during the summer, I'd get up in the morning and stay naked until my dad would get home from work. My mom would go about her house work but never joined me naked. She told me that her and her 3 sisters and her brother used to be naked around her house when they were kids growing up and it was never an issue so my nudity around the house just seemed normal for her.
So for me I was playing naked at 10 years old and when I was in my early teens was when I first remember hearing the words nudist and naturist and really started realizing how comfortable I truly was being naked.
So I've been comfortable in my skin since I was a young boy and still am to this day.
Flash forward 50+ years and I now own 6 secluded acres where I do all my outdoor projects naked everyday and still love the freedom being naked brings me.
Thanks Mom for being an open minded parent of a 10 year old who didn't like wearing clothes back then and gave me the freedom to enjoy my childhood naked.

This post was edited