I am both nudist and also sexual

I have seen much on this cite that seems to condemn sexuality among nudist. If you are nude you can not have sexual thoughts or behavior people seem to be saying here.

I disagree.

Nudists often justify their practice by saying it is natural, but there is am implication that sex is unnatural. Hippocratic.

What is important are issues of respect of established social and cultural guidelines, responsible and realistic behavior, self control, etc., etc. In various monkey groups, sex is rampantly public, and when one mounts another (Yes even same sex), then others congregate, applaud, and even join in, or wait their turn. Same in other species. Sex is often a social event. So, normal or natural? How is this determined and by whom? Who are the experts?

I fear that the wrong questions are asked here or the emphasis is wrongly placed. We should be more concerned about rape, molestation, abuse, sex crime, harassment, discrimination, etc.

As far as nudist behavior as philosophy, some mental whatever of a higher order is concerned, hmmm, I have not personally evolved there yet. I have been a nudist at heart for years longer than most have lived, but there was never ever being in the "zone for me. I simply disliked being bound up in clothes and liked the physicality of nude. I actually prefer a loose fitting drapery of a sort like tee shirt on my shoulders and upper chest. Sometimes I feel sexual and others none in the least. Seeing another nude body may trigger a response buyout usually disappears soon afterward. What would anyone get up tight because my penis changes size or degree of firmness. If I flex my arm is someone going to be offended?

This topic was edited
RE:I am both nudist and also sexual

I see your point. There is a very thin dividing line between nudity and sex and most often the two get confused. It takes a conscious effort not to smudge that line . Of course there is a very natural human reaction to nudity ever since Adam and Eve covered themselves with the fig leaves, but naturists and nudists are supposed to go beyond that mindset into something more Godly and Divine!

The purpose of this site I assume is to promote nudism and naturism per se and not linked with sexuality. The focus here is not to deliberately arouse or titillate.

Yes, in the animal world and in some cultures as well, sex is a celebration. But we are a more evolved species and it is expected that in our society sex is more responsible with a commitment.
Cheers!

This post was edited

I see your point. There is a very thin dividing line between nudity and sex and most often the two get confused. It takes a conscious effort not to smudge that line . Of course there is a very natural human reaction to nudity ever since Adam and Eve covered themselves with the fig leaves, but naturists and nudists are supposed to go beyond that mindset into something more Godly and Divine!

The purpose of this site I assume is to promote nudism and naturism per se and not linked with sexuality. The focus here is not to deliberately arouse or titillate.

Yes, in the animal world and in some cultures as well, sex is a celebration. But we are a more evolved species and it is expected that in our society sex is more responsible with a commitment.
Cheers!

This post was edited

I don't disagree with you at all. I was not advocating turning this cite into a sex club. I was merely reacting to what I had read. Much talk justifying nudity based on "natural " behavior while on the other hand lashing out at MEN who appear to have the slightest incling toward sexual interest of any type or degree. The implication being that sex is not natural. Just an observation and reaction. By no means advocating anything less than civil or against established rules, written or implied.

This post was edited

I didn't imply that you were advocating anything that went against this site. In fact I'm very appreciative of your observations and stirring up a healthy debate . Cheers!

This post was edited

I like to think nudity and sex can be separate things. I love being nude when ever I can be. Much of my nude time is totally non sexual like when I go to my local nude resort, Lupin Lodge. I enjoy being and seen naked. I enjoy the naked kids in the pool just doing what any other kids in swimming pools do. I enjoy having a naked dinner. I enjoy having a naked beer with a friend in my back yard. I want to be able to say proudly that I am a nudist. That does not make me a pervert.

I enjoy sex. If i am in an appropriate place, sex can and does begin with being naked, but the mind set is very different. My body responds differently if my mind set is that I am just enjoying being naked and not expecting to engage in sexual activities than when I am thinking this could be a good sexual situation,.

I am happy that Truenusdists tries to make that distinction too. Just because my body is naked does not mean I am ready and looking for sex. I could be, but don't assume I am.

This post was edited

Naturejim I wish we had a like button on here. I fully agree with your comments and feel just as you do.

This post was edited

I agree with your point of view. Quite often I am asked, because I list myself as gay and I make a distinction between social nudity and sexual nudity, "What is the difference?" and "How can you keep the two separate?" Yes, we cannot always control how our body reacts consciously or subconsciously. A man has a penis, a woman has breasts--Neither can always control how the penis stretches or swells during the day or the nipples on the breasts enlarge or have a slight change in color. We are human beings, we are sexual creatures by nature. So to ignore or hide or deny that part of the body is just not truthful and is counter-productive.
Nudist organizations and websites attempt (not always successful) to avoid sexualizing our bodies, our activities and our photos. The uninformed public does enough of that. So the restrictions and periodic admonishments are understandable yet sometimes need to be tempered with understanding and compassion. Some men, just as with some women, were born with less equipment than others. Some men were born with larger genitals and some women with larger breasts. Who is to judge which to be more acceptable? Even in a nudist culture where we should accept a person for themselves, not the appearance of their bodies.
I try to keep social nudity separate from sexual nudity when I am hosting guests or in a nudist social event. There is a giant difference between the simple erection of a man due to a subconscious reaction or the throbbing erection of sexual desire. Admittedly, sometimes the lines of separation can be blurred, but that usually happens with direct action and thought. The staff of this website do attempt to maintain a certain level of propriety, especially since the general public can view some photos. But they are only human--some staff zealously apply the rules (I was turned down from a group because the person thought I had an erection--it was my natural size) and others ignore the rules and allow photos with obvious sexual erections to be posted.
So which one of us can define the middle of the road on this issue? Which one of us is right? Who is to be the judge?

This post was edited

As men we are sexual creatures and nudity can expose this more than hiding under clothes. There is fine line between being sensually and sexually aroused, but the difference can be lost on the outside observer. If I get a boner from savoring the feeling of sun and wind on my long encapsulated body, does that make me a solarsexual?
As far as sexuality and nudity, I agree that they are separate issues, but we are always sexual whether clothed or not. The trick is knowing what the rules and practices honor a given groups boundaries and sensibilities. We need to take care of ourselves, but we also need to consider the greater good. And if there's some ambiguity in between the two, we need to keep on talking and doing in respect to others.

This post was edited

I gotta say, as a recent foray into the world of naturism/nudity, it is quite alarming to see some of the people on this site foaming at the mouth about how an erection means you're a pervert...

Have clothes ever stopped people from hitting on each other and hooking up?

I get it, naked doesn't always equate to sex. It doesn't always equate to a shower, either... But sometimes a naked person takes a shower.

This post was edited

Naked doesn't always equate to sex. It doesn't always equate to a shower, either... But sometimes a naked person takes a shower.
Great line! Ill remember that one.

This post was edited