Noob in Virginia

Greetings all!
I started this as a reply to another post. I didn't want to hijack the thread so I'm posting here instead.

This is my first post here, I'm in Virginia, about an hour from Whitetail Resort. I went to an open house there, but the tour guide told me point blank not to return without my wife so I've not been back. I'll probably go to the open house/car show next year, I've emailed the owner about it.

I've been to the unofficial beaches on the outer banks of North Carolina. While it felt free and somewhat liberating, I also found it stressful and unrelaxed having to keep a constant eye out for rangers and textiles.

I've also been to Jefferson Pools out in Warm Springs. That is nice, but it's 5 hours each way to soak in a pool for an hour or so.

Right now we have a hot tub with a gazebo and privacy curtains, it's better than nothing. Our pool is visible to some neighbors and our back yard is on a busy street. That limits the freedom there quite a bit.

I'm 51, married (wife is NOT interested in nudism), kids and grandkids, former Scout leader, etc. I don't have much time to spend here, but I do check in once in a while. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one in this situation.

This topic was edited
RE:Noob in Virginia

I can understand your position. Too many neighbors, ( one can be too many ) wife doesn't enjoy the same as you, and a resort that only wants couples. Really can't do to much about the neighbors or wife, but ya can change resorts. We have been to Avalon, way up by Winchester Va. ( actually Paw Paw W.Va. and really enjoyed that spot. A 5 star resort that you can go there by yourself. Everything from tenting to renting a chalet. People are great and very sociable. For your own piece of mind, check it out. Activities all year long.

This post was edited

I have it much better here in Florida but I think many of us can identify with you "Differentc." Like "Cloudy" said though, you can change resorts. And even those resorts that insist on no single males, they sometimes will have "open house" weekends where you can enjoy being nude there. Even if you have to travel much longer than desired it is worth it in the long run. Be very careful with nudity on a non-nude friendy beach. You really don't need to suffer the bad parts of a police action. But I do hope that you are able to get some enjoyment. Best of luck to you.

This post was edited

Actually WTR doesn't discriminate against single males. The owner and the group want to keep the sanctity of marriage. Hopefully, we will get a chance to experience more resorts even if they are several hours drives from here. We do like to host clothing optional parties here at our home though.

This post was edited