RE:Improve this site you people running it!!!

I gotta agree...

A simple Forum post that maintenance, an upgrade or whatever, is not that difficult and the paying members of the site do deserve to have that communicated to them. A couple minutes on the computer posting this type of message isn't too much to ask to alleviate pay members frustration and concerns that it's their computer and not the site.

I tried several times since 5 am this morning to log on and it kept kicking me out back to the log in page. I was beginning to wonder if I had to change passwords but I decided to walk away from it and try again much, much later. Now 11 am and I was able to log back on but it would have been nice to know that it wasn't me but the site. Simple communication, like the kind the owners requested of us to send Bug Reports or to report abusers of the site. Food for thought...

This post was edited

As a non-paying member I will no-doubt be shouted down for not being entitled to voice any opinion.

BUT...

I have to agree - when there are problems (as happens with all websites) it really isn't that difficult (and vastly preferable in my opinion) just to replace the home/index page with one that says that the site is temporarily offline for maintenance / upgrades and there is no need for members to panic. If possible it is always good to put a time estimate for when to check back, and then if that time is exceeded due to unforseen extra problems, just post a little update.

COMMUNICATION is the key!

Better to have no site and a simple page saying what's happening rather than a broken site, with people desperately trying to get to pages via broken links / hacks etc., which only leads to frustrations and no doubt so many bug reports that the admin can't cope with them (especially when trying to fix the actual problem!)

So my advice - get a simple single alternative index page prepared ready for when there is a problem next (or to put up during an upgrade) and everyone will be a lot happier! (and people like me may have confidence enough to pay for membership!)

This post was edited

I am both a paying member and a group moderator and its very frustrating. I totally understand new systems have bugs but I am still not able to see, let alone approve, new applicants to join the group nor am I able to message anyone new full stop. I can reply to existing messages but not create a brand new message

This post was edited

Yes there is ongoing problems with the site, but to b honest we shall never own/run one. Y'all have taken the lead for others to maybe 1 day try to overcome the pblms y'all face. Many have left(forever), and some, only to return and see if changes happen. We have met some wonderful folks thru this venue, so thanx

This post was edited