New Mohegan Sun Spa

Hey, the new Spa at the Mohegan Sun recently opened after a year of renovations. It's called Mandara, and you can get day passes on Fridays.

Not big, but really nice steam room, sauna & a very interesting jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room. Went this past Friday. Worth checking out, though they close at 8.

This topic was edited
RE:New Mohegan Sun Spa

Hopefully the new management will keep things running. I stopped going to the Mohegan spa for a couple of reasons: every time I went, something was broken; they stopped day passes on the weekend, even if you were staying at the hotel. I had to play the "but Foxwoods does it" card to get in the last time I was there. Funny thing was, other than a couple of guys showering after their spa treatment, I was the only one using the facilities for a couple of hours.

It sounds like they kept the basic layout. Did they increase the size of the steam room?

This post was edited

Yes, it is. A few guys came in from the pool with swim trunks on, but most were nude.

This post was edited

The steam room is bigger, yes. I'd say you could fit 6 guys in there comfortably, maybe 5 in the sauna & 6 in the tub.

I didnt mind the old one, though the steam room was ridiculously small. And then, as you said, they stopped giving day passes, so I just went to Foxwoods. Though, the last time I was at Foxwoods, they seem to "step up patrols" of the area a lot.

I'd heard the Sun had fi ished renovations, so I thought Id give it a try after calling & finding out they now give day passes again. Glad I did.

This post was edited

How much was the day pass?

This post was edited

we should plan a group TN visit!

This post was edited

How much was the day pass?

They were having computer trouble when I was there. I thought they might have said $60, but only got charged $40. So. Uhm. I'm not entirely sure. :-)

This post was edited

id be down to go

It's a cool place to meet up (either the spa at Mohegan or Foxwoods, really), because then you have a ton of places to grab a drink or som6to eat after.

This post was edited

id be down to go

It's a cool place to meet up (either the spa at Mohegan or Foxwoods, really), because then you have a ton of places to grab a drink or som6to eat after.

This post was edited

I have not been to either yet but plan to in the coming month. It would be great to meet some others there for a nude social afternoon.

Fridays are usually best for me.

This post was edited