Finishing a daily driver delima

My son and I have a father son project '73 Plymouth Duster 340. I guess it's about 75% of where we want to go with it. Actually I want him to take the lead on this as far as bldg it in his taste. When we do show it there are just things we want to change and update. The engine desperately needs pulled/painted and the engine bay painted and detailed. My dilemma is it's a 50-50 joint effort and his budget is limited. The other dilemma is travels 200 days a year and is based out of North Carolina. This makes the project a rather slow process.
It would defeat the purpose I had to do this car with him if I just took over and threw the money at it. Just another one of those many reasons car guys run into getting their project cars put together.

This topic was edited
RE:Finishing a daily driver delima

My son is about to jump into a 'project' car that is still a daily driver. Actually, he is going to work on it and I'm going to 'Supervise'. He found a super clean 85 Chrysler LeBaron original convertible with red leather interior. It really just needs a few items and would show very well. Not anything fancy but a 'non-standard' ride. We'll see.

This post was edited