Update on the January 19th at Island Spa

I've received several responses regarding Saturday, Jan 19, 2019 at Island Spa. Since this will be our first meet and many people have not been there, I'd like to keep it informal. We can see what works and what doesn't. I plan on getting there around 10am and will stay until mid afternoon. Some people have said they will come and stay later and many have said if they come they are not sure how long they will stay.

It's entirely up to you what you do. The spa has a restaurant and juice/smoothie bar for those who want to eat. Weekend admission is $40 but you can buy a book of 10 tickets for $290. I think the tickets are good for at least a year. You can share them or use them for future visits. Sometimes groupon has specials but not normally for weekends. When you check in, they require a photo ID.

If you've never been there, the wet area has three hot tubs, a cold bath, steam room, and sauna. Massages and body scrubs are available for an extra fee. The entire facility is barefoot and nudity is required in the wet areas which are separated by gender. There is a common coed area with several saunas, an ice room, relaxing areas, sleep chairs, and a quiet room. The common area requires you to wear a spa provided uniform. They provide a key for your locker, free WiFi, and unlimited towels (only one bath sized).

If you are a home nudist but have been to gym locker rooms, this would be a perfect introduction to social nudity. It is casual, non judgemental and you can always cover with a towel or jump in a hot tub if you get shy (you won't be the only one). Or you can enjoy the saunas and relaxation in the common area.

For more details, including theSpa's address, you can access their website at https://www.islandspasauna.com/

If you like, contact me directly.

This topic was edited
RE:Update on the January 19th at Island Spa

I am going to wait and see what the weather is going to be that day. They are predicting rain or snow. I may miss this one one if the weather is bad

This post was edited

Sounds great! I'll definitely be there.

This post was edited

Due to the weather I am going to pass. Hope to make it to the next meet up at Island Spa.

This post was edited

Sorry we won't be seeing you. I know it is better safe than sorry but as of now (8pm Friday) Weather.com says the snow won't begin until at least 4. Hopefully we will be able to plan an event on another day soon.

This post was edited

I had a great time today! Thanks for putting the trip together. It wasn't very crowded when we got there at 10, but after lunch it really started to fill up. Stayed until about 4 and only saw a few raindrops on the drive home - smooth sailing the whole way.

We should do this again next month!

This post was edited