Rules to be a Member

Hi, my name is Angela.
Just wanted to call into people's attention something that seems to me is not only unfair, but could be even dangerous to members here.

I've notice that some people here keep a completely private profile, where nobody can see any description and/or pictures, yet they can check out any profile they want.

If we are True Nudists we don't mind other people looking at our nude pictures, so I don't understand why the Admin of this site allow some people to register as members and keep a completely private profile.

This mean those people with a private profile not only can see anybody's profiles, but in order for other to see who this person is they have to wait to be invited to be a friend, and even if so, who is invited to be a friend cannot see who this person is before actually accepting the friends invitation!

To me this is not only unfair, but plain dangerous! How do we know who this person is? Cannot be just a shy person because even a shy person can write a basic description in his/her profile and post a nude body picture, even if it is without showing the face. A shy person can give general information without compromising his/her privacy. So there is no need to go into a completely private profile.

The only thing I can think of for someone to keep a completely private profile where nobody can see who he/she is, would be to simply stalk on other people! If this is a family oriented site then there are young members here that could be at risk.

It is my opinion the Admin of this site should enforce more strict rules to join and keep a profile here. Requirements like having a profile open to public which is at least 50% complete, and at least 4-5 pictures of a nude body.

I can understand someone not wanting to show the face to protect his/her private life, but to the extreme of keeping the whole profile private? That is simply allowing all kind of people with obscure intentions to be among us, true nudists.

Also, I can understand Admin will not have the time to continually check all the profiles here, but will Admin do anything if we report someone with a completely private profile?

Wouldn't you agree there should be more respect for members and simply forbid private profiles? Especially if people hiding behind those private profiles could be who knows who?

Even people who have just some private pictures (for friends only) seems to me too much for a true nudists site, yet it is allowed, left alone a completely private profile.

Please don't take this as a rant, but a genuine concern for the safety of the members of this site. Hope Admin will consider this situation.

By the way, my profile is AwryAngel and is completely open to everyone, including all my pictures. I don't discriminate who can or cannot see.
Please express your opinion in this matter.
Thank You

Angela Dupre

This topic was edited
RE:Rules to be a Member

I agree with everything you said. They should not be allowed to see other profiles. Whenever I come across a private profile I block them, at least they will not be able to see mine.

This post was edited

Yes, I agree with everything you said. They should not be allowed to see other profiles. Whenever I come across a private profile I block them, at least they will not be able to see mine.

This post was edited

Very well written. I have nothing to add to this. If someone visits me with a private profile, I block this user immediately.

This post was edited

If someone tries to friend me and they have nothing written on themselves it's the number one reason I decline them

This post was edited

If someone tries to friend me and they have nothing written on themselves it's the number one reason I decline them

That an also if they aren't certified.

This post was edited

I agree with everything you said. They should not be allowed to see other profiles. Whenever I come across a private profile I block them, at least they will not be able to see mine.

That's a good idea. Hadn't though to do that. Also if you save all your pictures as for friends only or as i do for certified only at least they won't be able to peruse through your pictures.

This post was edited

Rules are set by the owners/Admin/Moderators. Some of these rules may seem unfair to all of us for many reasons but that's the way it is for many of these privately owner and operated sites. The rules are there for everyone but in some cases, some members are allowed to break those rules without repercussions. It becomes a, "rules for you, rules for others and rules for friends, " situation and it happens not only here on TN but on many sites and even in clubs and resorts.

When someone visits my profile, they can't see any of my photos because I have all of them set to "Friends/Certified Friends Only." I check the list of those that have viewed my profile and if I find that those viewing have Private, Blank or very Minimally filled out profiles, no profile picture, a profile picture that violates the TN rules or photos in their profile gallery that are sexually suggestive, I BLOCK them.

If someone has those same things I've listed above and tries to join one of my groups, I do not allow them to join. Blocking members from viewing my profile, putting restrictions on viewing my photos and denying those people to join my groups is what I do to combat the issues of this thread. That's about all I have the authority to do. This is the internet. It's not safe just because you're on your computer in the safety of your home. Many people/members are scared, unsure, cautious or prefer to be anonymous. We shouldn't all be the same. Do what's right for you and ignore those that bother you.

This post was edited

When someone visits my profile, they can't see any of my photos because I have all of them set to "Friends/Certified Friends Only." I check the list of those that have viewed my profile and if I find that those viewing have Private, Blank or very Minimally filled out profiles, no profile picture, a profile picture that violates the TN rules or photos in their profile gallery that are sexually suggestive, I BLOCK them.If someone has those same things I've listed above and tries to join one of my groups, I do not allow them to join. Blocking members from viewing my profile, putting restrictions on viewing my photos and denying those people to join my groups is what I do to combat the issues of this thread.

Excellent idea! Ima start doing the same thing. Maybe if enough of us start this practice, the fakes will whisper away. That and the admins should really purge inactive accounts. If they aren't paying, and inactive for a year, THA BOOT.

This post was edited

The only people who really care about this, are the voyeurs. There's a number of legitimate reasons that some people maintain private profiles. It's not a safety issue, nice try. If you don't like it, you have options: Set all your photos to friends or certified friends only, or leave the site. But don't try to BS everyone with your nonsense.

This post was edited

It seems the consensus is: "To fight them...Become one of them"
Make private your pictures so you decide who can see you...but you can still see others.
Isn't that the problem we are trying to find a solution for?
I believe "Fair is Fair", so since I like to see profiles and pictures, I'll keep my profile and pictures open to Public.
If I want to see others, I will let others see me.

Yes, the internet is dangerous per se, but isn't that the reason why we join a specific website? So we can reduce the risks at least?

By the way. I blocked that completely private profile. But the system warned me blocking that member will not necessarily prevent him from seeing my profile and pictures ( ??!!) So what's the point of blocking someone if they can still see?

This post was edited