nudism and children

How did you tell your children that you were a nudist and how they reacted?

This topic was edited
RE:nudism and children

You go first

This post was edited

They figured it out as they grew up
Always knock first.

This post was edited

We decided it was time to stop hiding it for various reasons. All of our sons were in their 30s. Our biggest concern was how our daughter in law would handle it and if she would forbid us from being around our two year old granddaughter. We figured the best way was to see first hand what the lifestyle offered in truth. Not sex. We took one at a time to our neighboring nudist resort for a tour while leaving our clothes on. We discussed with them over drinks at the resort tavern. They were actually cool with it. The one living locally attends the resort regularly. The one out of state and daughter in law went back the following day while here with our granddaughter but stayed clothed. But said on their next return the want full experience. The last son has yet seen it but it was explained to him and wants to visit and experience it. The other side is this..... None want to be nude though around mom and dad or see us nude. That comfort isn't there yet.

This post was edited

You don't tell your children you are nudists. You just are. It's not like you're coming out of the closet telling your children you're gay or martians.

This post was edited

You don't tell your children you are nudists. You just are. It's not like you're coming out of the closet telling your children you're gay or martians.

Not necessarily true. Though I wanted to be a nudist at least 50 years ago, it's only in the last ten that I have done things nude that previously would have been done clothed. I have adult children and grandchildren under the age of nine and though they may suspect that I am not uncomfortable with my nudity in the presence of others, I doubt that they suspect that I am a nudist.

This post was edited

I don't know the answer to this. I married an older woman and her and her kids were already nudist. I really wasn't up until that point you know I had always been enjoying being nude when I was alone or occasionally Outdoors. So for me it just happened

This post was edited

As a parent, did you not raise your children as nudists?

This post was edited