Do you have to be friends to be friends?

I know, sounds like double talk, but there is a point here.
I wanted to spur off of AwryAngel's "Letters" topic.
Many of you who have read my posts have probably realized by now that I like to write.
One of my favorite things to do here is read the dialogue, all the back and forth, the difference of opinions, heated or civil. I find it very entertaining and enjoy interjecting, sometimes stirring the pot to see where the conversation goes and see how others react to it.
It's stimulating and often revealing!

So many posts here are no more than 4 or 5 words, but there are many that really expound their opinions. They are the ones I appreciate the most, even if we have a difference of opinion.

There are so many people who have a Crap Ton of friends here!
[Crap-Ton, noun : a unit of measure consisting of two shit loads]
We know they are just here for the pics. They're not really friends at all. They won't be my friend either.

But on TN, you can't "follow" someone unless you are a friend. I appreciate the viewpoints and difference of opinion of certain members, some who I enjoy keeping up with. It's hard to do If you're not friends. I have made friend request to some who I never hear back from. I think it is usually those who may not totally agree with my posts or viewpoints. They do, however have intriguing dialogue and I enjoy there straightforwardness and like to keep up on the subjects they comment on. I guess they don't see it the same way.
I keep my friends list short, Some locals but mostly people who's posts I like reading. So for me, It's not a friend-a-thon, it's for the stimulating dialogue!

It's a shame more people can't be friends and agree to disagree. Okay, we all don't think the same! So....we can't be friends???

Oh well, to each their own.

This topic was edited
RE:Do you have to be friends to be friends?

I agree with enjoying reading different view points. But I like the more civil discourse where posters try to understand the viewpoints of others and not try to shout them down or belittle them with name calling. I tend to stop reading those threads.

As to friends, I learned early on here that true friends are hard to come by. And some of my early friends have not posted or been in contact since accepting my request. I no longer seek out friends and am very selective of accepting requests since I now have pictures of my wife on here.

I do loose track of interesting topics that I have posted in however, because I may not be friends with others that have posted in that group or forum. Sometimes i have to go back through my post to see what others had to say.

This post was edited

One of the things I did from the beginning was to make ALL my pics, "Friends Only." I also began following certain people because of their posts, not because we agreed on every topic but to ensure that they were more like me; if I disagree with someone, I'll post my opinion from my point of view but I'm not trying to change yours. If you are willing to listen/read and at least understand my opinion and understand where I'm coming from and we have more in common besides nudity/nudism and living a nudist lifestyle, then I will consider friendship but not if our opinions are so far away from one another that I know you'll not consider my opinions as I consider yours.

All my pics containing my naked wife are limited and are for those that are my friends and that are also certified. If I find that I've friended someone that is certified and that friend has amassed hundreds of friends, I unfriend them. I know what they are after and though they may have had a peek or two of our photos, they don't get anymore. If I have friends that I haven't at least made some attempt to communicate with me in some fashion, I unfriend them as well. I'm about Quality, not Quantity.

I will also unfriend any friend or will not accept friendship from anyone that has been rude, condescending, uncivil, harasssing or hateful toward another member or people due to sexual preferences, gender, religious or political affiliations. Politics is more volatile in current times. I'll never change your mind and you will not change mine. For us, it's better left on the shelf to be discussed with others that think as you do. ;D There are plenty of other topics to discuss that aren't as damaging to a friendship.

I'm not a pot stirrer. I don't care much for those that do it just to do it but I'm friends with a couple of people that are and I look past it because I friended them for other reasons. I just stay away from those types of threads. More people have seen us naked in the flesh than have seen naked pictures of us. After over 25 years as social nudists and having visited dozens and dozens of nudist venues, multiple times, we're not afraid of someone seeing us naked. But for these sites and this medium of social nudism, I continue to screen and moderate my friends list and am continually deleting more than accepting.

This post was edited

So glad to see this. I recently made the decision NOT to accept requests without some chat. Im relatively new and was quilty of accepting everything. But I dont want my network hereto be that way. People kinda start meaning a lil something to me after weve shared a lil and if that potential friendship is not nurtured , it dies, so I make it a point to send out random greetings , with something nice. Some people respond in kind and begin doing the same thing. Some dont, and thats how I will choose who stays on my list.

This post was edited

Well said. You can learn more from reading what people really say. Good context on the real subject is a forgotten attribute. Friends are someone you communicate and associate with and can trust, privately or otherwise, whether you agree or not. All others are imposters seeking other things.

This post was edited

Well said. You can learn more from reading what people really say. Good context on the real subject is a forgotten attribute. Friends are someone you communicate and associate with and can trust, privately or otherwise, whether you agree or not. All others are imposters seeking other things.

This post was edited

As to friends, I learned early on here that true friends are hard to come by. And some of my early friends have not posted or been in contact since accepting my request. I no longer seek out friends and am very selective of accepting requests since I now have pictures of my wife on here.

This cannot be stated enough I think discernment is essential on sites like this as opposed to simply accepting any and everyone with only the intention to ogle or be ogled.

This post was edited

If only people would read profile before sending friend requests

This post was edited