what are your hobbies ?

being retired i have to find interesting things to do just to keep from going nuts
so my hobbies include everything from gardening to building R/C aircraft whats yours ?

This topic was edited
RE:what are your hobbies ?

Always lots to do around here to keep my retired butt busy. But, when I'm not fixing things that are broken for ourselves or our girls or grandkids and keeping up with maintaining a home, I like to; play golf, some woodworking, working on and improving our motorhome, working on my Jeep, working on my '67 Chevelle and laying naked in the sun whenever possible! :DDDDD

This post was edited

I find myself too busy to lie in the sun, naked or otherwise. We own two homes both of which were purchased as fixers. Have been working on one for 26 years which was a gut job. The only thing that is original is the 1890's frame and the 1941 foundation. The second has been in progress for 13 years, but needs less work. It has had a covered porch added to the front, two bedrooms drywalled over plywood paneling, a new roof, some new concrete and a lot of regrading of the yard to provide better drainage. I do all of the work myself with little to no help and have a lot of contractor grade tools. Winter time means blowing snow which I do with my compact tractor mounted blower and it is so much fun I take care of a few neighbors too. I started yesterday to get rid of the two feet that is still on our bike trail as a public service.

This post was edited

Since Im retired now and wife will not retire until 2031. I keep busy by cleaning the house and going into each room and get into all of the corners. Since we have a dog that sheds 24/7, hair is gets all over the place, so I move the furniture and giving it a real good cleaning. Living in the desert I did not know that very fine dirt can get in to the house every were. I also make meals for us so when she get home all she has to do is relax. When not doing all of that, I work on my 1970 Opel GT. I did find out that the sun can really do a number on the interior down here. I am now looking at getting into my workshop and building Adirondack chairs. And if that is not enough I also like to work on my model railroad layout in HO scale. I try to set a curtain time for each project so that way I dont get bored with it and gives verity in the day.

This post was edited

any amateur musicians ?
i started playing 6 string guitar when i was 11 ,
started playing pedal steel guitar when i was about 30
https://cdn.truenudists.com/media/e/1/7/e174f56fb7d56e2ff9d4c3900ecde395bdacf186.jpg

This post was edited

TRAVEL , reading about travelers, hosting travelers, kayaking , hiking, cooking, entertaining. hot soaking an TRAVEL

This post was edited

any amateur musicians ?i

Why Yes!

I play a mean air guitar and flat hand drums on the steering wheel or on my leg! ;DDDDD

This post was edited

I visit, photograph, and study wooden covered bridges.

This post was edited

As I wind down gradually to retirement I actually am a little concerned about not having enough hobbies. I do a little volunteer work and will ramp that up. I enjoy a little gardening in our very short season (taking up snow sculpture would probably be a better choice, definitely a longer season). Love to travel. I have a house that could use a serious update but I am constructionally impaired. May work on that!

This post was edited

I now only work 2 half days a week between travel, hiking with fellow nudists, 2 gardens, Family History, correspondence with family on our common research, photography, reading, music, keeping fit (not enough of cycling and swimming) and soaking up the sun as often as is possible. Oh, and maintaining (very poorly) contact with TN friends. Not enough hours in the day!

This post was edited

I'm one of those "Jack of all Trades, Master of None" kind of guys. Guess it's the Macgyver in me. So I have a lot of hobbies and always trying something new. My garage is my "Short Attention Span Theater" my yard is my therapy and Stevie Ray is my Psychiatrist!
I guess I'm ADHD by definition. My mother referred to it as "Ants in my Pants"!
Making My own Beer was fun, enjoy hammering copper, have a sailboat to restore. Love to blaze trails in the back 40 but max'd it out now.
Played harmonica on and off for many years but they've been put away on a shelf for a while. It requires a certain inebriated state of mind before I start to sound any good! :-)
Mostly gardening now, hoping to get to the point that we can survive a Zombie Apocalypse!

This post was edited