Are we wasting our time providing naturist accommodation?

I've been running a naturist bed and breakfast in Spain since 2008 and there are not that many venues that accept single male naturists, but I sometimes wonder if its worth the bother.
I'm seriously thinking of just going textile on Airbnb and leaving it at that, as the support from singles on Truenudists is abysmal.
Latest thing to make me wonder if it's worth it was a guy on Twitter who says he's naturist and yet visited my town (Peniscola) and he posts a nude photo on Twitter and as it's a venue I know well he's clearly stopped by the roadside, taken shorts off, quick photo, then shorts back on.. Then he's stayed in Peniscola in a normal hotel despite being advised of our existence.
I noticed that another place in Spain is up for sale as the owners are going back to the UK, so that's one less place that will take singles.
You know what they say.. Use us or lose us.. Yet I can guarantee there will still be complaints nowhere accepts singles.. We'll if you don't use us what do you expect when we give up!
If I do stop accepting naturist bookings, that will be three venues lost to naturist men in one year, so when you book your next holiday with Jet2 holidays in a textile hotel, with no naturist beach, and the only nudity you have is in the shower.. don't moan nowhere accepts single men, and don't call yourself a naturist if the only nudity you ever have is tossing off in front of the mirror before posting a selfie on Truenudists.

This topic was edited
RE:Are we wasting our time providing naturist accommodation?

I'm sorry your business isn't doing so well. Is it really in a town called Peniscola? Are you close to naturist beaches? As I am not single I will never have the pleasure of visiting your B&B. You could advertise it on AirB&B as clothing optional, perhaps. It says on the news that holiday bookings are down this year, partly due to the dreaded Brexit effect. I hope things pick up for you soon.
Best wishes, Dave

This post was edited

I've stayed at Bigbros' place many times. It is ideal for single men. Being small you soon get to know the other guests - very well sometimes. Yes Peniscola is the name of the town and it has quite a bit of historic interest and a great (textile) beach. I think it amusing that they light the palm tree trunks and bulbous tops in pink and the frons in white. And that the English pub is called Prince Albert - the name of one of my piercings.

There are numerous small nude beaches nearby. But the best outdoor activity is hiking naked in the Siara d'Irta - low mountainous country behind Peniscola. It is truly being one with nature, and a bit of history. Evenings are good too - eating and doing other things on the roof terrace.

This post was edited

Sorry to hear business is slack. I for one will be visiting you at some point soon, as Ive just convinced my textile partner to let me loose to go away for a long weekend in my own. So will hopefully be in touch soon.

This post was edited

Are you listed on here as well?

https://www.clothingoptionalhomenetwork.com

This post was edited

No, I don't believe so. Tourism is currently shrinking, especially in Australia. Whilst people feel threatened by the world economic climate, they will stay closer to home. Cruise ships are particularly noticing the decline, hence big discounts.
We would love to visit, but it wont be for a few years. You are a long way for us to travel!

This post was edited

Sorry, but where do you get the idea that tourism is shrinking in Australia? From what I have researched, it is growing faster than the world average. We could do a lot more of course. As for cruise ships, of course there are big discounts. Like a hotel, they want to fill them, and offer discounts close to sailing time.

This post was edited

Huge numbers are going to Bali, Vietnam and Thailand as the cost is significantly lower. The Gold Coast is suffering. I know from personal experience!
Spain is still recovering from the GFC, although Portugal is further behind!

This post was edited

I haven't said that my bookings are poor, as they are not.What I said was that I feel I'm wasting my time reaching out to Truenudists singles and encouraging singles.
This year for the first time ever I ran an advert in Health and Efficiency magazine and didn't even get one enquiry, so I just think it's all a myth that singles want naturist facilities.
My point was that rather than reaching out to single naturists,I could fill the place with textiles as Peniscola is a popular holiday resort . My bookings now are usually male couples or friends travelling together,and I make more from a couple than a single,so my point was several places have stopped doing naturist accommodation and if eventually there are no places left,then singles only have themselves to blame.
Someone asked why I don't do a naturist Airbnb listing,and the reason is that people often look at price on Airbnb and don't read.We tried a naturist listing ,and it was explained in English and Spanish that it was nudist,and we got bookings that were clearly not naturist when they arrived, but luckily it didn't cause any issues.Most people read only the price on Airbnb.
Every year I can guarantee that I will get an email from Fred Smith asking if I have a room for may 20th.I reply yes I do,and hear nothing.Three months later same guy enquires with same result and this continues 2015,2016 ,17,18,19 and eventually you feel like replying 'look mate you have no intention of coming so f off'...I haven't yet but I've been close.
If you've ever wondered why naturist places charge singles so much,I'm sure it's because the owners feel that they get such grief then they might as well make them pay through the nose.For all of the genuine naturists on here,there are bus loads of others doing you no favours at all.
If you wonder why I've taken this stance..well I ran the bed and breakfast for ten years with my partner Trevor and worked as a team ,sadly Trevor died in 2018, and I've lost the patience I had when I'd Trevor to fall back on.....what was the final straw was the German guy on Twitter who took a nude photo with the castle in the background.In order to take it,he stood at the roadside,took shorts off,took photo,shorts back on..sorry mate that's not naturist,plus he stayed in Peniscola at a textile hotel as we are only naturist venue in the town....so it makes you wonder why bother when you provide a service and they clown around.
To all the certified naturists who asked why I'm not certified.I was club treasurer at a UK club over ten years,and I've run a nude bed and breakfast 11 years.I don't need to hold a bit of paper...if the good reviews we get online are not enough for you then I'm probably not missing out.

This post was edited

Im confused. You say you make more money on couples but you only talk about singles when you talk about naturists. Why not natuturists in general? There are a lot of naturist couples that travel (we have). You might consider seeing about listing with and/or doing an article for the Naturist Society. You can also have it as naturists welcome so you get both types of clientele and adjust as needed for the guests you have at the time.

This post was edited

It does seem to me that in this increasingly worried and tense era, restricting your business to naturists only will put you at a disadvantage, simply because of an increasingly limited clientele base?
I think it's wonderful that you continue to support naturism this way. But from where I am in the UK it seems that the whole concept is under attack from the increasingly paranoid social conditions we are now suffering. Our official British Nudist organisation membership has dropped to below 1000 members for the whole country! It seems to be dying lifestyle, killed off through paranoia :-(
When I lived in France in the 70's nudism was widespread and accepted in a large number of public places. One could feel completely comfortable and free. But in the UK in these times, the paranoia is such that even a single fully clothed guy can be viewed with suspicion in some places. Even our own backyards are no longer safe for personal naturism. So I would guess that naturist tourists to Spain from the UK would be in decline these days - even though it's a major holiday destination? It's all very sad :-(

This post was edited