Germany Therme visits in July

I will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in July. Because my wife will be meeting me later for travel, I will be traveling to these cities alone. I would like to visit a Therme or two and would like to go with somebody because I dont know all the cultural norms and I want somebody to talk with while there. Any ideas on how to find a local who would like to join me?

This topic was edited
RE:Germany Therme visits in July

Hi

I try and get across to Germany at least a couple of times a year for Therme visits - I won't be getting to Berlin til late Summer though. My favourite there is a little out of town, maybe 35 mins on the train from Berlin Hbf - it's called Kristalltherme Ludwigsfelde. It is brilliant, loads of saunas and steam rooms (maybe 30?) a massive indoor/outdoor pool and a swim up bar. I spend hour upon hour there.

If you are in Munich you have to experience Therme Erding - again it is out of town, but a fast train ride away. It's like the place in Berlin only bigger, much bigger - and two swim up bars.

As for getting companions, there are a few Berlin groups on here that may be able to help, or try the Toytown Germany message board for ex-pats, although you might come across a bit weird as a newbie looking for strangers to get naked with.

Good luck with it though.

Neil

This post was edited