How did you handle letting your adult kids know about your nudist life.

G'day folks.

A question from sunny Oz.
My wife and I are still only 2 - 3 years into enjoying social nudity.
We started slowly being;
- nude in the bedroom
- nude in the house
- nude in the backyard
- nude on a beach
- nude at a nudist resort.

We haven't shared with our adult kids the fact that we pull our pants down in public ;-)
I'm kind of sick of feeling like I'm hiding this - like it's some kind of unhealthy dirty secret.
I don't feel like this is something that we should be ashamed of or embarrassed about and yet there is a reluctance to share this information with family and friends.
I actually feel the complete opposite - like this is one of the healthiest things I have done in years.
Good for mental health / self image / self acceptance - I could go on.
In particular I think it has been excellent for my wife to see that her post four children body is not something to hide and feel awkward about, it is something to celebrate and cherish, and in fact is pretty much the same as many other 1961 model Mums.

Help me out folks.

I want to come out to our family and friends - is it just a leap of faith like the first social nudity experience or is there a sensible way to approach this.

Thanx Folks

Bazil & Lee.

This topic was edited
RE:How did you handle letting your adult kids know about your nudist life.

Hey, I like your direct approach Oldnudedude.
That's definitely one way to get it out there.
I guess I was looking for something a little less 'in your face'.

It might be that there is no gentle way to do it.

This post was edited

When casually talking with them mention youll be out of town or away for the day at some point in the near future when you are planning on going to a resort and just tell them your heading to xxx (whatever the resorts name is). Hopefully theyve heard of it and catch on right away, if not keep it going and tell them how much you enjoy the place etc.

This post was edited

We decided hiding it wasnt going to work much longer. So... We too took our adult sons to our local resort. We did one at a time when our times were not rushed. Each story actually was quite positive and funny. You'd be surprised what we dont really know about our own kids. Ours all accepted it well and all but one of three joined the resort. The third lives too far away. One lives close by and attends often. The third on nakations. The down side though.. None of them want to be there with mom and dad. That part requires communication with us all as they say.

This post was edited

No need to fret about this. You've already done the hard work. Your kids likely remember seeing you naked, and you are likely used to them both understanding and accepting you, but likely rolling their eyes anyway because it's in their job description. The hard part of nudism for me is the inner stripping of artifices along with the related vulnerability, how much of my skin is exposed is secondary. In the case of parenting, for me it's about extending my care-free body positivity to my kids to empower them without letting go of the boundaries I need to teach them as their brains continue to develop (mine are still teens). We don't need to market the appeal - especially to our kids - of an early 60's bod cleaning a bathroom naked. But I can ham it up with a playful spirit, lack of shame and pride of the results to say more than any rational explanation I can offer, which for me is already plagued by sufficient middle aged grumblings and phrases that instill the sighs and dadialreadyknows. Whatever you do, keep laughing along and enjoying yourselves!

This post was edited

I definitely outed myself when I went for sponsorship of my participation in a World Record Skinny-dip attempt, although I suspect that the already knew.
It's surprising how much they do know about us.

This post was edited

Our sons are 17 and 13 now and Im so glad weve raised them in a home where nudity is normal so theres no issue around the lifestyle. Its. It compulsory or 24/7 but its jormal and unremarkable and happens in the normal course of home life every day. Theyre completely relaxed about their own and our nudity and they dont bat an eyelid at seeing other naturists nude etc. Were just back from a sun holiday where they both loved the freedom of being nude on the beach and in the sea etc more that ever! And yes, as teenagers there were erections etc but again, weve taught them positive attitudes to their masculinity and sexuality so the erections were a non-issue for them and they just continued to enjoy the sun and sea etc. And that points to the real benefit of naturism - freedom from shame and negative limitations. Thats why Im SO glad weve raised them the way we have. Family naturism is a truly wonderful and positive way to raise healthy, happy, well adjusted kids!

Coming into the lifestyle later will present a challenge in relation to your family - but we stay nude even when my elderly mother visits and despite her initial disapproval now shes very much in favour! My advice is this - youve reached a stage in life where its time to enjoy being YOU! Tell your family and friends and youll be surprised by how they react with love and respect. That doesnt mean imposing your nudity on anyone - just coming out as the real you ... the naked version! Enjoy!!

This post was edited

My kids have known since they were young teens. My youngest son would say "ewe" when he saw me. He doesn't anymore. The middle child didn't seem to care and he would come and talk to me when I was out tanning in the back yard. He even laid out in the driveway trying to even out his tan line although he did surround himself with card board so no one could see in. My oldest, my daughter just kind of snickers and rolls her eyes when we talk about it. I don't go nude in front of her. I don't think she would like that (and mom does not approve of her seeing me that way). I recently told my brother I was a nudist and it thought it was kind of weird and didn't get it but wasn't condescending about it.

I might start by putting up a sign by the front door or maybe inside that says something like "Nudists live here" or something to that effect. It would be a conversation starter and a way to break the ice. Unless they are really religious or plain "stick in the muds" they will probably be accepting.

I met some people at the nudist resort nearest me that have been going there for 25 years and their grown kids have no idea. It is your time to shine and enjoy life the way you want to.

This post was edited

As an adult with older parents I was thinking about how I would be most receptive to this if I wasn't a nudie already.... I think you just need to be upbeat, positive, and nonchalant. Talk about going to the beach or something and how great it was. People frequently take on their parent's queues as to how to feel about something whether they want to or not. So if you are "confessing" and evasive they'll pick up on that and feel like there is something to worry about. But if you are upbeat and lighthearted they'll at a minimum feel like things are fine, even if that's not what they want.

It's like dogs, dogs know when you're having fun and playing and they know when you perceive something around you as a threat based on your body language and tone. Just envision your adult children as some cool dogs, lol.

This post was edited

Thanx Fullsun.
I'm trying not to be deliberately secretive and hoping they might piece it together.
I think I am leaving plenty of clues and queues for them to figure it out but it seems I will have to be more direct.

This post was edited

Thanx Newnude58.
That approach worked fantastically for you.
In the process you have also introduced your kids to a wonderful lifestyle, something I'm sure that they will thank you for years to come.

I don't think that would work with all of our kids.
I just have to find a way to clue them in subtly and individually.
Our daughter (28) and youngest son (22) I think will be ok with it given some time to get their heads around it, and figure it out that there's nothing dirty or sexual about it.

Our other two boys (29 and 26) I don't see being supportive though.
Thanx for your feedback.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy