RE:How did you handle letting your adult kids know about your nudist life.

This has been an interesting and fun topic. thx all.

we have 2 grown daughters, 53 and 47. each with families. neither live anywhere near so we don't see them often.

we have not told them since we joined in the 'feel the freedom" movement in aug 2017. however, i have put up a "clothing optional past this point" sign out in our courtyard and applied several aanr, aanr west and tn decals to the small decorative window by the front door. they are bright kids - they'll figure it out on a visit someday.

i have no need to ever justify my choices. nor do i ever ask them to justify their adult choices. :)

This post was edited

Our kids grew up seeing both of us naked. They're now 26, 23, 20, a girl and two boys. The kids never let a closed door bother them, they would just barge in while we were naked in the bedroom or bathroom and start talking. I don't know how parents can avoid having their kids see them naked. So, growing up, they saw both of us naked often and just became used to it. Now, I'm naked as much as I can be around the house and outside (we live in the middle of 26 acres, surrounded by trees) and my wife often wears just a t-shirt. My kids' boyfriends/girlfriends know I could be naked, so they lag behind when coming in with my kids to give me time to put something on. My boys rarely are naked around the house, but my daughter often walks around naked before or after a shower, especially when she has something to say. It's kinda funny when she comes running into the living room because she has a story to tell, talking a mile-a-minute, and she's stark naked.

We started going to a nude resort a few years ago and didn't tell them at first what it was about. Then after a couple visits, my wife told them it was a nudist resort. Like others said, they just kinda said whatever, while one said he suspected it already. This year, we went on the Bare Necessities Nude Cruise. We didn't tell them until after that it was a nude cruise, we said it was just a cruise. After the trip, when we told the older two, they just thought it was interesting and said, "that doesn't surprise me." Our youngest said, "I KNEW IT!" He, apparently, picked up on a few clues. Like others have said, the kids know a lot more than you think.

This post was edited

we have adult children. do they know we enjoy nudism? no. do they need to? no. the last thing we want is for our children to be nude with us...or anyone elses children for that matter

This post was edited

I've really enjoyed the contributions made to this question.
The responses are so variable, but the outcomes all seem to have been positive to varying degrees.
No-one really had an absolute horror story where it just went horribly wrong - which is comforting.

The different approaches reflecting;
- upbringing for some as a nude family for years
- only recently taking up the lifestyle
- the personalities of the kids and their ability to be trusting and open minded
- confidence
- trust

The Naturist lifestyle seems to mean something slightly different to everyone despite the strong common denominator thread that seems to run through it.

I've told my sister that we visit nudist resorts - something of a starting point I guess.
I felt comfortable that we have always had a pretty solid and open relationship and was confident that even if she did not approve she would not react in a hugely negative way. If anything I think there was a hint of curiosity as to what it was about.
She is flying solo and has been for several years, and does not seem to make friends easily.
I have told her that we have found the nudist community to be one of the most open and supportive groups of people imaginable.
I hope one day curiosity will get the better of her and she will book a short stay to dip her toe in the water - I suspect she will love it.

Anyway - thanx to everyone for adding their stories - keep them coming.
I love hearing of other peoples experiences and adventures.
It gives us things to put on our bucket list before we lose our marbles :-)

Cheers Nudies.

This post was edited

My son was raised by his Dad, my ex, since age 5 and I remarried 7 yrs later and he stayed with his Dad and he saw me naked on some summer vacation visits he just never seemed to look below my neck lol, my step son I inherited when he was 7 but my hubby had raised him nudist and he was and is comfy seeing me nude suntan lotioning etc and was way back when I meet him too...recently my son with his 2 pre-schoolers was coming for dinner at our house few months ago and came instead at lunch time unexpectedly and caught my hubby and I nude at the pool, we sort of said we were sorry they caught us nude and that we hadn't expected them for hours later and my daughter in law didn't hesitate to tell me and my hubby that she would just as soon join us nude and she shed her clothes, my son got my granddaughter age 3 out of her clothes and lotioned her and her little brother 9 months od then my son too joined us pool side nude...worked out great we all stayed naked balance of that day, at dinner, overnight and all day the next day without incident

This post was edited

My son was raised by his Dad, my ex, since age 5 and I remarried 7 yrs later and he stayed with his Dad and he saw me naked on some summer vacation visits he just never seemed to look below my neck lol, my step son I inherited when he was 7 but my hubby had raised him nudist and he was and is comfy seeing me nude suntan lotioning etc and was way back when I meet him too...recently my son with his 2 pre-schoolers was coming for dinner at our house few months ago and came instead at lunch time unexpectedly and caught my hubby and I nude at the pool, we sort of said we were sorry they caught us nude and that we hadn't expected them for hours later and my daughter in law didn't hesitate to tell me and my hubby that she would just as soon join us nude and she shed her clothes, my son got my granddaughter age 3 out of her clothes and lotioned her and her little brother 9 months od then my son too joined us pool side nude...worked out great we all stayed naked balance of that day, at dinner, overnight and all day the next day without incident

That's a great story and very well handled I would say.

This post was edited

It was easy for our Daughter and her family
Hey can you take care of our dog we are taking a long weekend in the desert at the Nudist Resort!
That was that.
We have since invited them to visit us at the resort but so far no but I think they will come around.

This post was edited

Our kids have always known. My wife's family knows. My family doesn't. We live in the middle of 26 acres, with a 700 ft driveway. I installed driveway sensors with alarms in the house and the garage. When someone comes up the driveway, it gives me time to throw on shorts, in case it's someone from the "doesn't know" group.

This post was edited

Glad to see you only mentioned shorts. It surprises me how many nudist men mention also putting on a shirt to answer the door. I rarely do in warm weather.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy