RE:Reactions to Nudists with Ostomy Pouches??

As far as I'm concerned, I just feel sympathy for the inconvenience that such medical appliances incur.

This post was edited

I agree. It's just like glasses or a cane or a hearing aid ... something that makes your life easier, not something that you'd wear for fun.

This post was edited

I have an ileostomy pouch after surgery for bowel cancer
I became a naturist after this was put in place, so I had to overcome bearing all as well as my pouch, but the feeling of being naked outweighs any negative thoughts about having my pouch on show. I have had relatively few comments about it, and all have been positive. I do try and make it as unnoticeable as possible so as not to offend people, and I am considering cutting a hole in the back of a bum bag /fanny pack, so I can hide it in there and so appear 'normal' for a little while.

This post was edited

While searching for ways to tote around diabetic kit stuff, I noticed there are indeed fanny pack style things made 100% to conceal insulin pumps, bags like this, etc. Check amazon :)

This post was edited

I had my entire colon removed June 2019 and had a temporary ostomy while the inside healed. I chose to still go to the nude beach with it (and take full advantage of my short term disability leave from work).

Personally, having the ostomy was almost MORE incentive to get naked because then I didnt have to worry about fitting it around clothes. I used it as an opportunity to raise awareness and let others see that people are still normal if they have an ostomy.

I know not all people would be able or willing to be that brave. Some friends I know really suffer due to their ostomy.

In my case, I now have whats called a J-pouch - everything is internal. My small intestine connects directly to my anus and theres a big scar where the stoma used to be. And my full body tan has never looked better!

I totally agree with others here... we ALL have some kind of ailment or challenge to deal with, and being a nudist where people are respectful of all bodies is a huge testament to this community. I encourage everyone to maintain respect. Be curious, ask questions, and encourage others who might otherwise feel embarrassed.

This post was edited