FRIENDSHIP REQUESTS

Before I ask for another person to be on my Friend's List , I usually send them a message to show that we have something in common: BUTNOT ALWAYS. I think that I ask someone to be friends just to see if they are interested. Maybe a real friendship will happen or maybe it won't. I am not offended if someone turns me down or ignores ( wasn't meant to be, right ?)
So , my question to everyone here is : How do you handle making friends ? THANKS, KEN

This topic was edited
RE: FRIENDSHIP REQUESTS

Short answer: It depends, longer answer, I normally chat in the chat room or participate in forums here, and if I find I have something in common with someone, then I'll add them as a friend. As for answering requests, I treat each one individually, and if there has been no previous communication with them (if there has, they'll be acepted), then it's up to a complicated mixture of their profile, my intuition and a few other random factors. :D Private profiles are off putting (I want to know if there's something in common before being friends!).

This post was edited

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE PROTON ! I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT !
KEN

This post was edited

Hi Ken,
When I find a profile that looks interesting, judging from text and photo, I tend to send a friendship request. Sometimes accompanied by a message regarding something on the site of the member that has got my special attention. Most members just approve the friendship request, others give a reply that leads to more contacts. Some messages, perhaps chattn at Yahoo or MSN, exchange of experiences, sharing of photos or whatsoever. I think this is one of the great advantages of internet, giving the opportunity to find interesting people all over the world, making brief friends or having more regular contact. I have contacts that I look upon as friends in all parts of the world, friends I probably never will meet in reality. But there is no rules or laws that tells what a "friend" is, so each one of us can make up our own rules. I mostly approve friendship requests from others, that's my way of being open for new views, new initiatives and unknown possibilities.
/Andy

This post was edited

I have over 100 friends, most of which I did not ask. If I get a request I will check their profile and send them a message asking them for info about them. I tell them a little about myself. If I get a response I usually add them to my list.

PRIVATE PROFILES - I am usually amused by those people here that say they are here to meet others. When you check their profile, it says it is private and for friends only. Good luck on finding some friends.

This post was edited

Yeah, I don't understand being on a site like this and having a private profile. I prefer to know something about the person first.

This post was edited