Any one been to Cap d'Agde, south of France

I am going to France in June and want to spend some time at the naked town of Cap d'Agde, south of France. Has anyone been there and if so. Please let me know what to do and expect. Is it nice or justa waste of time.

This topic was edited
RE: Any one been to Cap d'Agde, south of France

Yes, I was there last summer! And I would have to say that it's not a place where I would bring children, but some do. There is no dubt that Cap d'Agde has become a town for exhibitionists. At day time most people wear something around their waist, shorts or fish nets etc. So, some probably saw me as an exhibitionist, walking around naked. (I'm the first one to dres up when it's cold). And I think it's unfair to blame all the foreign visitors for the exhibitionist and swinging part. 99% of all the shops sell all sorts of kinky lingeri, fish nets (its an old fishing village after all) sex toys and so on....
There are 2 or 3 swinger clubs on the site, but hey, you don't need to go there!! And public sex.... I didn't see it, but I didn't search for it either. (There is a part of the beach where the swingers go in the day time, the police patroles it, and it's crowded.) And you don't need to go there either, there is enough space for you to avoid the swingers.
In my opinion it would be possible to co exist, if midle aged peope where more respectfull of each other. And didn't label others as scum as soon as others don't fit in the square mind. When we accept that there are naturist who also happend to be swingers, and the respect starts going both ways, then there would be hope. But as long as we only see things in black and white.........
A good start would be to stop selling funny looking outfits in Cap d'Agde.
As long as I travel without children I will go to Agde again, for shure.. But if I have children one day I would prefere Valalta in Croatia.
This was a bit beside your question, but I hope it was of some help. And just ask, if there is somting specific you are wondering about.

This post was edited

Ok, my lord!
He asked for someone who had been there, not if anyone here was able to use google....

This post was edited

Hopefully the the ones to govern doesnt do research on swingersites on net! And hopefully they can find a more collerfull midle way than black and white. I sincerly hope Cap can become a famely friendly place again, but the outlook is grim, when people caracterise others as scum... No wonder why there is wars in the world! Better wipe the place of the face of earth! Hey, lets all prey to the mighty one for a flood!

This post was edited

Why don't you start a new debate? We are now far from the initial topic! We agree on how cap should be. We disagree on how to get there! Some people in history also used strong words (like scum) about others. They saw everything in black and wite, Untermensch was the word............. Why don't you start cleaning this site? Hunt down the swingers you call scum!! The funny part is that you will stil be stuck with me:-D This will be my final word under this topic, it's just getting silly! And yes, I know you want the last word, so be my guest!

This post was edited

I am going to France in June and want to spend some time at the naked town of Cap d'Agde, south of France. Has anyone been there and if so. Please let me know what to do and expect. Is it nice or justa waste of time.

We have visited the 'Cap' on several occasions over the years thus my comments are 'first person experiential' as opposed to 'heresay' or 'media sensationalised spin'.

Firstly, it is 'European/French' as opposed to 'American', there are cultural differences - get over it. It is a very large sprawling, very commercial resort. The hotels, clubs, bars, resurants and vendors are there to make money. Although the bulk of people who visit tend to 'go naked' there is no rigid requirement to be nude within the facilities so one may consider it 'clothing optional'. The actual main nudist beach (approximately 2 kilometers in length) is well patrolled by police, security and lifeguards. There are also staffed medical aid stations.

There is a legal requirement to abstain from openly lewd behaviour in all but the designated 'libertine' areas of the resort. Essentially the authorities have acknowledged that, given the volume of visitors, simple prohibition does not work (lets be honest - if prohibition legislation actually worked there would not be an international drug problem and getting a drink in a large number of US states would be impossible) and so have chosen to contain the 'problem'. The areas known as 'The Gardens' (Les Jardins d'Eden and Les Jardins du Babylon) along with a complex in the center of Heliopolis are designated as 'libertine'. It is in these areas you will find the 'swinger' facilities. There is also a beach off the main beach which may be described as a 'tolerance zone'.

The relatively small libertine areas are easy to avoid if one has half a brain - it really is not difficult. The rest of the resort is pretty well covered by low key but adequate security and lewd behaviour is challenged.

Now, I am not going to pretend that there are not some 'issues' - if you are female and unaccomanied in the non-libertine areas you are still probably going to get hit on by single guys and married guys whos wives are down on the beach often with the kids. Having said that it is no different to the hits one gets at other naturist resorts and textile bars/cafes in France and other Mediterranian countries - l'amour is considered a national passtime. The guys are easy to deal with as long as you have some degree of self confidence and can say no.

All in all the Cap is a place where those of a tolerant disposition can enjoy a naked holiday with or without a sexual element - having neither 'philosophy' rammed in their face.

As for the question " how long will the French Governmernt tolerate Cap D'Agde?" the short answer is that, since the Cap is approved and fully licenced by the authorities for all the activities that go on there, it is likely to last until such time as they stop paying their tax. As I said at the beginning of this post - the Cap is European and a tad more 'relaxed' than the US in these areas.

Love n stuff
Rudie x

This post was edited

We spent threre a week on the camping. Nice place to be. You can walk about 3 km a long the beach.
We had a wonderfull time. We did'not see any sexual activity.
But if you don't want that there a mor wonderfull places in France, Itali and Spain.

This post was edited

Having visited the place many times, I would like to make a few additions to UKRUDEGIRL's very good evaluation of the place.
As mentioned, operators are there to make money, so if you wanna live on budget, get your groceries and drinks from regular shops OUTSIDE naturist premises. Shops, restaurants, bars and so on are in general somewhat more expensive than a bit further inland, like on the road to Agde or in Agde Ville itself. Nevertheless prices just slightly upscale for French resort standards, nothing exorbitant, but all bigger nude resorts in Europe tend to be a bit upscale in pricing.
Security, turnstiles and such can get a bit bothersome if you are by car or need to go a lot back and forth in/out the naturist zone for one reason or the other.
Campsite is huge and flat, there are not many trees and not much proper shadow, so in case anyone attempts to stay in a tent, a good option in sunny season (all the time) is to consider some precautions against heat and direct sunshine or be prepared to get up very early and not use the tent much in daytime.
There are plenty of apartments, caravans and other facilities for rent, exact conditions depend on the owner/landlord, the main operator manages besides campsite (non-permanent campers' section) only very few residencial facilities.
Living withing the premises versus living outside is definitely an asset, so unless there is a very good reason for it, better to be accommodated inside the nude zone.
People in daytime are mostly nude or seminude - or in sort of exhibitionist/sexy outfits. Around sunset people in general get dressed, though it is not mandatory. If you do want to blend in, take good-looking summer clothes for evening hours even if you otherwise prefer nudity - or avoid the evening activity zone with restaurants, bars, clubs etc. Nudity is not forbidden in late hours, just it is so rare that many opt to follow general practice and get somehow dressed, for various reasons.
Le Cap is huge, so people represent pretty much all walks of life, so no matter what's ur creed within nude community, you are in main season (July/August) likely to find like-minded people, if you just keep your eyes and ears open. In June somewhat less crowdy, but enough people anyway to keep the main scenes busy day and night.
In general people behave OK, some are overly eager in their exhibitionism and lewd behaviour in public/semi-public but rarely so that it would be a serious annoyance. Socially light small talk and flirt is OK, but important not to cross the limits of decency, both ways.
Beach is long, comfy to have walks and long swims in the nude. Water is not clear enough for underwater stuff like diving, for that you should seek rockier spots. Kids can be taken there and there are facilities and activities for them
as well and beach is relatively OK for children except on windy/wavy
days when even adults may feel less comfortable to go into water.
All in all, having visited the place since soon 30 years, it is a good place for occasional break but would not work for me as an annual main holiday venue. Every 2nd/3rd year a 5-15 days' break there is fine, though.
TravelNudie aka Aki

This post was edited

Thank you for that info. Still, the fate of the Cap remains to be seen.
I think you must try it before to trust in all the information you can find on web... I was there few years ago and I had a really nice time... I spent all day hanging out naked while I was shopping, having a drink on a bar or just relaxing at the beach and I didnt found any involuntary violation to me or another people...
I visited this south france area many times before so when I spent one week there I did about 2000 kilometers visiting the rest of the environment I hadnt visited before... and I found really nice towns where I can find between others the town where Edith Piaf spent her last days... and a lot of Catarisian culture (an old medieval culture)
Of course, this liberal nudist town have the image of be a place where sex is all around and when I was there I missed this aspect... if you look for it you will find it as in another nudist places but sure it wont came to you if you arent looking for

This post was edited

I was there two years ago and its a wonderful Place.I big beach and many restaurants and clubs for people that like that.You had to be early booking becouse its problem in the summertime.Have a great trip?Maria

This post was edited

hi'
r u planning this year?

This post was edited